What's new

First Shave with L'Occitane Cade

So, I had my first use of Cade this morning. Lathered very quickly and easily. Very thick lather with lots of cushion. Not as slick as I'd like. The smell was good, but not what I was expecting. I thought it'd be much stronger. I didn't think it had much scent at all. And this was a new puck that I took out of the plastic this morning. The only reason I bought it, was because of the reviews I'd heard about the scent. So I'm a little disappointed about that. Otherwise, a pretty superb soap.

I definitely get what you are saying about the scent. It isn't overpowering, like some others out there, but it is very nice, albeit a bit subtle. I like that though. If they made a stronger smelling one, I'd be all over it, but for a nice, relaxing shave (which is what I needed after a long day at work and chasing a toddler around the house), it was the icing on the cake for me. I will absolutely use this soap until it's gone and probably buy another puck once this is used. As everyone says around here, YMMV. I'm glad you did end up liking it overall though. Hopefully I'll find something better that will knock your socks off :)

Thanks horvy! You inspired me to use my Cade this morning and it was awesome as always. I like to switch my soaps a lot, but when I break out the Cade, it never disappoints! Now I feel smooth and comfortable all day!

Thanks horvy! You inspired me to use my Cade this morning and it was awesome as always. I like to switch my soaps a lot, but when I break out the Cade, it never disappoints! Now I feel smooth and comfortable all day!

Glad I could provide some happiness :) I'll be using it again tonight. Didn't shave yesterday, and feel like I'm a caveman. It's funny, in the month and a half - two months I've been wet-shaving, I've started to love shaving. When I was using carts, I could go MONTHS without shaving because I hated it so much. This past winter alone, I didn't touch my face at all for about 4 months. It was terrible...After stumbling around Reddit, I found wicked edge one day and the next day, I ordered a ton of DE stuff. It was inspirational and I know I'll never look back. Sadly, now I have another hobby to pour more money into. It started off as a money-saving en devour, but it's already become something I'm quite passionate about. Not a day goes by anymore where I don't look forward to my next shave.

So, I had my first use of Cade this morning. Lathered very quickly and easily. Very thick lather with lots of cushion. Not as slick as I'd like.

CADE wasn't slick enough for me either. I love the scent but the lack of glide is why my CADE didn't get used. It sat in the container for quite a while until I traded it for another soap.

First I've heard of it being re formulated.....

Also first time I've heard of ANY reformulation being an improvement, lol!

I love Cade. It doesn't get used a lot right now but it sees special occasions like date night with the wife and Easter morning. It will get more use as I whittle away at some of my other soaps and creams. Of all the soaps and creams I've tried to date, Cade is one of the few top performers and will be replaced. It's up there with Tabac, Arko/Derby, and Haslinger for performance, in my opinion.

One of the very first soaps I ever used and still one of my favorites!

The smell was good, but not what I was expecting. I thought it'd be much stronger. I didn't think it had much scent at all.

I thought the same thing the first time I used. I love the scent but it was too subtle. Since then, either because of continued use or because I've become more attuned to it, I find it has increased to the perfect level for me.

Top Bottom