What's new

First Restoration

Hello Gents,
Posting pics of my first ever straight restoration. I didn't change the scales because although the horn has some bug bites they are on the inside of the scales.I did all this before I picked up a copy of Bill Ellis's cd.So,this was just by the seat of my pants.Let me know what you honestly think,and what I could have done better. I did touch up the paint in the recessed lettering,hopefully it stays intact.I also think I still need to put a couple of coats of wax on the scales to further seal them.
Thanks.

full

full

full

full

full

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice for a first resto. I love those old joseph allen hollows, they have sexy curves. Sadly, my thumbs do not, thus making sading them a royal pain.

I haven't ventured into the wonerful world of restoring str8's yet but to the untrained eye this looks like a fine job.
Well done!!!:thumbup1:

Thanks guys.I decided to stop short of a mirror finish because the etching was starting to disappear at that point.I also wanted to keep the original horn scales.I like the idea of leaving everything original if at all possible.I honed on it last nite and it's almost shave sharp.Few more light pyramids on the Norton and pasted strop and she'll be ready for launch.

She's a pretty little thing. I sure do love the look of a good straight razor even though I don't shave with them.

Top Bottom