What's new

First lather with an Omega pro

Bought a No.29 today in that wonderful little shaving supply store close to my place. The brush smells like a wet pig, just awful. Been washing it repeatedly with some mild hair shampoo and lathered up some Palmolive shaving cream to get rid of some of the smell, which worked, and break in the bristles a bit. I'm now letting it soak with a rich lather overnight, well see how it does in the morning.

Bought a No.29 today in that wonderful little shaving supply store close to my place. The brush smells like a wet pig, just awful. Been washing it repeatedly with some mild hair shampoo and lathered up some Palmolive shaving cream to get rid of some of the smell, which worked, and break in the bristles a bit. I'm now letting it soak with a rich lather overnight, well see how it does in the morning.

Guess I'm lucky. I have never had a real problem with overwhelming brush stink. But At least one of my brushes had a moderate odor when new. A good workout with a sandalwood shave medium (Proraso red or TOBS) will work wonders to eradicate the smell. C&E Nomad does a good job here also

Soaking it with lather overnight did help a bit more, but finally a rinse with 1:4 white vinegar:water took care of most of the smell. Gonna give it a spin tomorrow i guess :)

I've always found that cheap shampoo (the kind with boatloads of SLS that I would never, ever wash my own hair with) tends to do the trick for smell, better than dish soap, lather, vinegar, etc.

Top Bottom