What's new

Filament. A serious Tool?

A year ago I picked up a Phoenix Filament. Used it occasionaly. Impressed with the performance but because of it's feather light weight and cheap feel, I thought of it as a kind of novelty razor. However, as I developed a better technique with it, I've found it to have a superior performance to all my other razors. One pass with it = two passes w/ other razors. Two days post shave beard growth = a day w/ other razors. One thing about it is there is you can really feel the blade so precisely that it overcomes the uneven blade exposure and the slight bend of the blade, two things that some are bugged by. It's all blade, hardly feel the razor, which makes it a good razor to test blades in. I tend to use outer corners of blades sometimes anyway in small areas aroung the mouth, and chin. I learned that it's best to always proximate the same edges of the cap and base when assembling it When i randomly put it together, the stress cracked the cap edges. I sent a picture of it to Phoenix and they sent me another razor. Good customer service there. I'm going to use it as my daily driver for a while and see how it goes. I admit it's light feel will take some getting used to.

Top Bottom