What's new

Figaro, Il Barbiere di Siviglia.

I beg to differ with Marko.

I believe that it is a very good soap/cream and rate it as a second tier soap -in the same class as Proraso.

Figaro like Proraso lathers very easily and is almost fool proof in that it delivers a lovely lather that even a first time user would be proud of.
For those that find the scent of Proraso a little pedestrian, the Figaro almond scent is quite nice.
This soap can be bought for around $8.00 ( excl.shipping ) from the Shoebox Shaveshop so it is quite a bargain.

How does it compare to the big three Italians ? ( Valobra, P160, Cella. )
Quite simply, it doesn't. Like it's stabelmate Proraso, it is completely outclassed while still being a very good soap/cream that is excellent value for money.

The big 3 are at the highest tier of shave soap/creams and have very little competition.

(YMMV).

How is a lovely lather and a quite nice scent inferior to the Big Three?

I ask because I read many members saying they don't like Cella's scent, and I have also read posts regarding Valobra's lather. I myself have found Valobra's lather to be sub-par (although I do love the scent). It is finicky with water ratios, and even when I get it right, it is below average in terms of slickness and protection.

What qualities of this Big Three are so superior to Figaro?

I myself have found Valobra's lather to be sub-par (although I do love the scent). It is finicky with water ratios, and even when I get it right, it is below average in terms of slickness and protection.
My Valobra must then be something else in disguise. Never had any problems creating fine lathers with it. And with fine I mean of the type I've photographed here (which shows Tabac soap). Finicky? Not in the least. Below average in slickness? That would put it, in my experience, on a footing equal to that of Arko cream if I use too little cream—no way that that happened with Valobra. Less protective? No. Never had any irritation save from the almond fragrance; shaves are quick, precise and smooth.

And I use a despised Mach3 to shave.

Marco, have you tried the Bottega Verde shaving cream and if so, how does it compare to Figaro?

I read in another forum that they are made by the same company, and only differ in a few ingredients.

Marco, have you tried the Bottega Verde shaving cream and if so, how does it compare to Figaro?

I read in another forum that they are made by the same company, and only differ in a few ingredients.

According to the package of Bottega Verde Uomo Crema da barba, it is produced by "Biochimica s.p.a. Divisione Cosmetica". According to Marco, they are the makers of P160.

Marco, the administrators are going to need to give you your own forum. Your coverage of Italian made products is second to none. Thank you and keep them coming.

According to the package of Bottega Verde Uomo Crema da barba, it is produced by "Biochimica s.p.a. Divisione Cosmetica". According to Marco, they are the makers of P160.

One way or another, those are both great references. Now that I found I can easily find it around here, I'm going to have to buy it. SCAD is returning - enablers! :lol::lol::lol:

One way or another, those are both great references. Now that I found I can easily find it around here, I'm going to have to buy it. SCAD is returning - enablers! :lol::lol::lol:

I just fell in temptation - my house is now the home of a brand new tub of Uomo Bottega Verde shaving cream! :lol::lol: Damn you, SCAD!! :lol:
Looking forward to try it in the next couple days; it seems a cheap and excellent option. :thumbup1:

Last edited:
Top Bottom