What's new

Feathers = Awesome

:w00t: I'll keep it short. I got my sampler kit in from West Coast Shaving and tried the Feather in my Tech. AMAZING results! It was so close that my wife asked me if I really wanted to use a blade that made it look like I couldn't grow facial hair :tongue:

Effortless BBS WOW:w00t:

:w00t: I'll keep it short. I got my sampler kit in from West Coast Shaving and tried the Feather in my Tech. AMAZING results! It was so close that my wife asked me if I really wanted to use a blade that made it look like I couldn't grow facial hair :tongue:

Effortless BBS WOW:w00t:

I really liked the results too. It was so good of a shave, in fact, that I barely had any growth showing the next day. I could eschew the usual WTG passes and do only XTG and ATG. I think it worked a little too well, as it really affected the whole shaving ritual thing I had going.

I had a similar experience! The same day I received my Feather blades I dropped one in my Merkur Slant and was real careful with the pressure and it was an effortless shave! Now I did get a little too comfortable with this blade on my 3rd or 4th shave with my slant and I probably was applying pressure and got about 15 weepers on that shave but none since....be careful as they can lull you into over confidence!!

I get a great shave with the least effort with Feathers. In my Slant the slightest bit of pressure draws blood so utmost care is required. Still, I don't want to shave with anythhing else right now.

I get a great shave with the least effort with Feathers. In my Slant the slightest bit of pressure draws blood so utmost care is required. Still, I don't want to shave with anythhing else right now.

The feathers are excellent in the slant. Agree with the blood and achieving better shaves after multiple shaves.

Try the gillette yellows. Just as sharp, more forgiving and cheaper. Received Iridiums today and plan to use in a slant on Friday. Expect the iridiums to rival the feathers and gillette yellows.

The feathers are excellent in the slant. Agree with the blood and achieving better shaves after multiple shaves.

Try the gillette yellows. Just as sharp, more forgiving and cheaper. Received Iridiums today and plan to use in a slant on Friday. Expect the iridiums to rival the feathers and gillette yellows.

Don't worry... I will :biggrin:

Heh, I just had my first Feather shave today... and it was in the dark :blushing:... Right when I was getting ready to head into the bathroom today the power went out.

I had been meaning to try them for quite some time, just felt intimidated by them... But I had already cleaned up my razors the night before and had a fresh blade loaded in my HD. The only light was being reflected from the hallway and a dim flashlight. I basically had enough light to see where there was and wasn't lather...

The results: Surprisingly outstanding! Near BBS, only one minor weeper. It is totally amazing how sharp these blades are. I'm used to sound my HD makes when cutting. These things I so sharp I didn't even hear them cut! Very pleased with them in the end.

I know what you mean. I had to resist the temptation to apply a little pressure because of how quiet it was. I can imagine that this blade will really bite those who get too comfortable with it

The Iridium super work very well with the slant. While it does not make sound of a feather the shave is close and comfortable.

The blade is more forgiving than the feather with similar results.

Top Bottom