What's new

Feather Blades

Hello everyone,

I am relatively new to wet shaving and have recently bought an Edwin Jaegger DE. I started shaving with a KAI blade and thought the combination was quite weak. I then tried a Feather blade and holy moly did those things cut! By far the closest (in terms of hair length and danger level) shave I have ever had.

What my question is is this: what blade would be between those two in terms of sharpness? I know it's all different for everyone and I will have to see for myself what works best for me, but it would be easier if someone were to point me in a general direction.

Thanks in advance!

Voskhod are not Feather sharp but I prefer the feel compared to Feather. It's kinda hard to explain.

My first Voskhod shave reminded me of an injector or maybe a straight razor. I would describe it as "substantial" or maybe "rigid." Remember that everyone compares their next blade with the one they used the last time so YMMV but I have 180 Voskhod in the blade stash.

I second the recommendation of Gillette 7 o'clock Blacks in terms of sharpness.

The Voskhod is an amazingly smooth blade - not Feather-sharp, but a comfortable and close shave nonetheless. (At nearly the same $/100, I'm starting to think of the Voskhods as an Astra SP killer.)

Have a pack of KAI blades, but haven't tried them yet, so can't weigh in on how they might compare to the Gillette 7oc Blacks...

I second the recommendation of Gillette 7 o'clock Blacks in terms of sharpness.

The Voskhod is an amazingly smooth blade - not Feather-sharp, but a comfortable and close shave nonetheless. (At nearly the same $/100, I'm starting to think of the Voskhods as an Astra SP killer.)

Have a pack of KAI blades, but haven't tried them yet, so can't weigh in on how they might compare to the Gillette 7oc Blacks...

If you would, please let me know where you buy your Voskhod blades in 100 blade lots? Thanks. I've got a tuck, five blades, of Voskhods coming from E-bay.

If you would, please let me know where you buy your Voskhod blades in 100 blade lots? Thanks. I've got a tuck, five blades, of Voskhods coming from E-bay.

My first 100 Voskhod order was with a vendor on Amazon a couple of months ago. I don't see an 100 count listing currently but hopefully one will return to Amazon. I thnk the only vendor I've seen recently is shaveabuck.com and I am currently waiting on a 100 count Voskhod order from them.

My first 100 Voskhod order was with a vendor on Amazon a couple of months ago. I don't see an 100 count listing currently but hopefully one will return to Amazon. I thnk the only vendor I've seen recently is shaveabuck.com and I am currently waiting on a 100 count Voskhod order from them.

Thank you. I'll see how the five-blade tuck works. I did find the blades at http://rubinovs.com/ for $11/100 plus shipping.

I've not heard of the vendor, but that is a good price. Will have to make a note of that - thanks!

I've not done business with this barber-supply company. I came across Rubinov's when I did a search for Voskhod blades. If I like the trial blades, which will be in on Friday and tried on Saturday, I'll place an order with Rubinov.

Last edited:
Their shipping (Rubinov's) to Japan for that Voskhod 100 pack isn't that bad. I'll wait to hear back from DEGuy before ordering though...

I love the Feathers. I think the Gillette Silver Blues are a tad less sharp but smoother. I have a lot of both. I also like the 7 O'Clock Blacks but they have already been mentioned.

Top Bottom