What's new

Favorite Type of Cream/Soap

Favorite is a cream from every man jack. It's a mint fragrance and got it off their website. I have used several other creams and soap that are out of my price range and finally made the switch to this stuff and won't go back.

I went to the local mall and picked up some C.O. Bigelow Premium Shave cream at the Bath and Body Works. It was only $5 for 1.07 oz. They did not carry the larger size. This is the same stuff as Proraso. I also picked up a cheap brush at The Body Shop. This should get me started. Now, I just need to get a DE razor and I am all set.

There are so many big names to thank in this industry but I'd like to focus on the smaller players that help me do what I do every day. so.........

Any Provence Sante users in the house?............ :punk: love you guys

I'd like to give a shout out to TGQ, Love them soaps :biggrin:....

SCS, thanks for so many creams :a14:...

QED, your website...:frown2: ...... sigh, but your soap! :w00t: Big props......

Ogallala, :thumbsup: THE name in BR , period.

I am sure I forgot some of you, and I am sorry.. there is just so many and so little time. They are telling me to wrap it up now so I will.

What would I look like without you people? It scares even me.. So this award isn't for me, it is for all of you... I am just hold it. :laugh:

What other stores sell a worthwhile soap / creme? I would like to buy my soap creme and aftershave locally so I can restock without paying shipping. Does Whole Foods carry something decent?

Welcome to B&B Coldsnap.

Do they carry Kiss My Face ? It is a very good shaving cream. Locally I am sure you can get that, Williams ( not my favorite but its local ), Aqua Velva, Old Spice, many of the Pinaud scents, Skin Bracer, Brute and CHL ( corn huskers lotion )

I understand you don't want to pay shipping charges but there is a lot of stuff I can't get locally. You just need to find what you like before forking out $ on shipping.

You can also ask for sample in the BST forum.

PM me UR addie, Coldsnap, and I will send you a small sample of HBS's Ye Old Barbershop Shaving Soap. It won't last you long but it will give you a chance to see if you like her soaps. :001_smile

I bought a tube of CO Bigelow cream (green tube Proraso) at Bath and Body works last week. This stuff is killer!!! Very creamy and gives you a subtle cooling feeling. They were out of the larger tubes. The CO Bigelow store was also out of the larger tubes. The lady sales rep said it is very popular stuff.

I picked up a tub of AoS Lavender cream from the AoS store in the mall this weekend. I have not tried it because I like the CO Bigelow cream so much. I can see how people get hooked on lots of creams, but I would like to have just a few go to creams.

Nancy Boy Signature
Nancy Boy Replenishing
Castle Forbes Lavendar

I have recently started mixing CF Lavendar and NB Signature by loading the brush with CF as if it were actually a soap (it is ridiculously dense for a cream) and then twisting my CF loaded brush into the much creamier NB Sig. The scents compliment each other and the lather is otherworldly.

I picked up a tub of AoS Lavender cream from the AoS store in the mall this weekend. I have not tried it because I like the CO Bigelow cream so much. I can see how people get hooked on lots of creams, but I would like to have just a few go to creams.

I am with you. I would like to have just a few go to creams, for me though, every new cream I try seems to become a go to cream. Now I have so much in rotation, I cant keep track. I feel like I should keep a daily shave log just to keep track. :lol:

Keep a log and let me know which ones are your favorites :tongue_sm

I am with you. I would like to have just a few go to creams, for me though, every new cream I try seems to become a go to cream. Now I have so much in rotation, I cant keep track. I feel like I should keep a daily shave log just to keep track. :lol:

I just received a few sample packets of AoS unscented shaving cream. I am going to try them out before I crack open the tub of Lavender to see if I like AoS shaving creams.

I just received a few sample packets of AoS unscented shaving cream. I am going to try them out before I crack open the tub of Lavender to see if I like AoS shaving creams.

The AOS Lavendar performs very well for me and it smells really, really nice.
I believe that the unscented performs a bit differently so forming an opinion just on the use of that cream alone may give you erroneous results.

Like I said, I've had very good luck with the AOS Lavendar, and if you're in the market for a Sandalwood, the AOS Sandalwood smells absolutely incredible.

Makes sense. Does the Lavender have a lingering smell or does it pretty much wash away after the final rinse? I prefer mild smelling creams.

The AOS Lavendar performs very well for me and it smells really, really nice.
I believe that the unscented performs a bit differently so forming an opinion just on the use of that cream alone may give you erroneous results.

Like I said, I've had very good luck with the AOS Lavendar, and if you're in the market for a Sandalwood, the AOS Sandalwood smells absolutely incredible.

I am a huge fan of the Edwin Jagger creams and soaps. I get a great lather with both their soap and cream, but I'd say the creme does a slightly better job of building an exceptional lather (tho the soap is no slouch either).

Oh, and all three scents are outstanding.

Makes sense. Does the Lavender have a lingering smell or does it pretty much wash away after the final rinse? I prefer mild smelling creams.

Walds11 you might like DR Harris Arlington or Pre De Provence if you prefer mild scents. Both produce Top Notch lather with fantastic moisturising. See the reviews :001_smile

My favorite creams:
Speick
Proraso
Frasers (Oriental Spice)
TOBS Sandlewood
Bay Rum (from classicshaving.com)
Gentlemens Refinery Black Ice

Favorite soaps are:
Tabac
C&E Nomad

Top Bottom