What's new

Favorite Soap Scents of Our Families?

Greetings!
Wet Shaving is relatively new to me, but I have already amassed a substantial trove of shaving products. I've tried enough to have my favorites, and I thought it would be interesting to do a blind scent test on my wife and kids.
So, I asked each of them to smell two at a time and rate their favorites between. I kept eliminating the "loser" between two different soaps/creams until they had a favorite. Here are the soaps I had them smell:

Stirling Bay Rum puck
Stirling Sandalwood puck
Omega Soap in bowl
Proraso White cream
Tabac puck
TOBS Coconut in bowl

Surprisingly, all three (wife and two teenagers) chose the same scent as their favorite: Omega soap!

I wonder if anyone else has done such experiments on their loved ones. I'd love to hear!

The ladies in my life are pretty much OK with any scent I enjoy!!

In contrast, they abhor the Veg!! I am not among the chosen.:Veg::Veg::Veg:

My soap selection process is similarly reductive in nature, but comes down to more of a “thumbs up or thumbs down” vote on my part. The decision is usually swift and certain, though sometimes it takes a few samples to render judgment. Only soaps that spark joy are restocked.

The milder scents that "smell like soap" are the most popular. The stronger scents are "OK, I guess."

Omega, IIRC, is a eucalyptus scent without much menthol. I like that one. It was one of the first soaps I actually finished!

The milder scents that "smell like soap" are the most popular. The stronger scents are "OK, I guess."

Omega, IIRC, is a eucalyptus scent without much menthol. I like that one. It was one of the first soaps I actually finished!
Omega in a bowl was the first soap I got, and it's still one of my favorites. I suppose it is eucalyptus, but I just received Omega cream in a tube - that is like straight eucalyptus oil in that one. Very different from the soap, and not as pleasant, IMHO.

Nice! What is "the Veg?"

Here's our spokesman, Fluffy, with an answer...

1689793651385.png

Welcome aboard, @BanjoDadPDX!

The Chairwoman of my Finance Committee generally ignores the fact that I have a wet shaving hobby, other than its impact on the quarterly reports!;) However, one day after shaving with my Fougere Nemeta set from Southern Witchcrafts she said that she liked the scent.

Top Bottom