What's new

Favorite lime/citrus?

For pure Lime and if you can afford it, Castle Forbes can't be beat IMHO. It will last longer than you think if you use it like a soap, ( rub your brush on top of it), and not like a cream, ( scoop some out with your finger ). A good citrus scent that is cheap and works great is Fraser's SC.

Based on your suggestions, I´m mainly looking at T&H (which I can find locally) and perhaps Castle Forbes.

I was checking out basenotes.net (excellent scent resource btw), and I discoved that Trumper GFT was described as a citrusy, woodsy scent. I really like Trumper creams, and I´ve been trying to decide what to purchase next. Not exactly lime, but maybe I´ll give it a try. Or maybe I´ll get that, and the CF and the T&H :)

If youre not looking for a pure lime scent, try some Pecksniffs citrus, its a light, clean citrus scent, very good for summer. They call it a cream but its more like a soap.

Stay away from Vulfix Sicilian Lime, it smells very artificial IMO.

I agree. It was an aromatic disappointment. In fact, when I first opened the jar, I was hard pressed to pick up any citrus aroma, real or artificial. I must temper that negative with a good comment about its performance. It lathers up quickly to a robust, tiny bubble lather which wets the beard well, but is not wet nor droopy. It also rinses quickly and cleanly. I'm sure that if someone were inclined, the Vulfix could be "doctored up" nicely with a few drops of natural essential oil of lime.

You might try the Palmolive "Refreshing Lemon" made in India. It comes in a tube, and to me has more of a lime note not just pure lemon. Good lathering qualities and rinses clean. Gio at Tryphon carries it ( http://www...............com/barberiacreams.html )

The T&H West Indian Limes is one of my favourite creams.

Also, as others have mentioned, Trumper's GFT is very citrusy, but with some very nice depth to it. I like the scent of that cream more than the GFT cologne.

The T&H West Indian Limes is one of my favourite creams.

Also, as others have mentioned, Trumper's GFT is very citrusy, but with some very nice depth to it. I like the scent of that cream more than the GFT cologne.

+1 GFT and T+H are both great creams...

I'm into a potent lime scent and the two strongest I've found are Caste Forbes cream and QED Fresh Limes soap. For the cream catagory, there is no equal to the CF. Pricey but worth every penny.:smile:

For a pure lime scent, Castle Forbes without a doubt.

For overall citrus, I'm going to throw in a wild card and say Penhaligon's Blenheim Bouquet. It is citrusy, piney, and peppary. Smells akin to a (really really good) gin and tonic. Check out the reviews, it's out of this world.

Both creams are expensive, and both are worth every penny! :biggrin:

TOBS - Lemon Lime. Smells terrific, not "artificial-ly." Sometimes I just like to open my tub and smell it when I happen to be in the bathroom. Seriously.

for a limey smell with incredible lather... I LOVE eshave citrus (it is incredible!)

for more of a citrusy smell I use AoS lemon, which also lathers great!

TOBS - Lemon Lime. Smells terrific, not "artificial-ly." Sometimes I just like to open my tub and smell it when I happen to be in the bathroom. Seriously.

+1 on TOBS Lemon Lime. Great scent. Not a sharp lime scent, just a really nice lemon and lime scent.

Dave

Top Bottom