What's new

Favorite Cologne/Perfume of the 80s

I think my favourites were.......
Brut 33 Splash On, Blue Stratos, Jovan Musk, Jovan Pagan Man, Imperial Leather Classic and Old Spice
My least favourites were Yardley Gold Label, Yardley Black Label, Drakkar Noir, Pierre Cardin and Monogram

Top of my list of aftershaves I liked back then, but looking back it was so tacky and cheap it had to be the 1980s equivalent of Axe/Lynx.......

Insignia - it even had a cheap and tacky mock-up of a Rolling Stones song in the adverts....

#
I used to wake each morning, and really go to town
Here and there with different smells, you'd know when I'm around
But now there's new Insignia - And it's all over now

Insignia's got everything, shampoo to shower gel
Deodorant and aftershave with one all over smell
So now there's new Insignia - And it's all over now
#

What was you favorite and least favorite cologne/perfume of the 80s?

My favorite cologne was Polo and Aramis.

My least favorite cologne was Davidoff's Zino, Old Spice and Drakkar Noir.

My favorite woman's perfume was Obsession.

My favorites in the 80's were
*Worth Pour Homme Haute Concentration
*Versace L'Homme
*Monogram by Ralph Lauren
*Bernini for Men
*Santos de Cartier
*V.S.O.P. Fine Cologne
*Tsar
*Xeryus
*Dunhill Edition
*Gianfranco Ferre for men

I still have vintage bottles of these fragrances that haven't turned and I must say that I enjoy wearing these classics immensely.

I remember not liking Polo Green and Lagerfeld, although the vintage versions were extremely well blended, just not my style. They were also made in the 70's, but still very popular in the 80s.

Calvin. Even though I wore it in the early 90's, I'd say it's an 80's scent. IN the 80's all I can remember wearing were Jovan Musk and English Leather.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Did have Varon Dandy. I spent the '80s in Miami, though.

Paco Rabanne was what the getaway driver wore.

AA

Lots of great ones from my middle and high school days, but Polo was my (and many, many others) signature scent back then. Still one of my top 3. I liked Drakkar Noir and Aspen as well.

The 80's were my high school and college days and 2 of my favorites were Chaps by Ralph Lauren and Halston Z-14. Chaps is probably the 1 discontinued fragrance that I miss the most. I got compliments on it almost every time I wore it.

Paco Rabane was my Fave. Still use it today. Same with Old Spice and Pinaud Clubman. Just tossed an old empty bottle of Z14. That was good stuff

Definitely Drakkar Noir. And Paco Rabanne.

And as another poster has already pointed out, New Order. Loads of Blue Monday.

I used Aramis and Kouros.
I can still recall the scent of Kouros .... Very agressive ... or at least when I was wearing it .... maybe I used too much, but I had to impress the ladies with the lovely puddle hair.

My colognes of the Reagan era during my youth were Halston Z-14, Polo, Obsession and of course Drakkar. This was a Magical time indeed.

Oh yes. But add to the list Paco Rabanne. For me the 80s was the absolute best. I turned 16 in 1980 living in Queens, NY and I was on top of the world. What a great time.

Oh yes. But add to the list Paco Rabanne. For me the 80s was the absolute best. I turned 16 in 1980 living in Queens, NY and I was on top of the world. What a great time.
I lived in Maine but I have a lot of family in Queens- Bayside, Forest Hills, Jackson Heights. Many happy memories of spending a big chunk of my summer vacation in Queens. I practically lived at Shea Stadium whenever I visited. Of course, you had some great Mets teams in the 80s who should have won more than they did.

I wonder if Demeter could make a scent & call it "Shea Stadium"? It would have to smell like hot dog water, painted iron railings, stale beer, and Royal Crown Cola. I always felt like I needed to be soaped up and hosed down when I left Shea.

I lived in Maine but I have a lot of family in Queens- Bayside, Forest Hills, Jackson Heights. Many happy memories of spending a big chunk of my summer vacation in Queens. I practically lived at Shea Stadium whenever I visited. Of course, you had some great Mets teams in the 80s who should have won more than they did.

I'm a lifelong Mets fan and lived 10 minutes away from Shea in Astoria. From 1984 through 1989 the Mets were very competitive, winning it all in '86. Great pitching staff and strong lineup and bullpen. Cocaine & speed ruined them. They should have won so much more. What a shame.

Top Bottom