What's new

favorite cancelled TV series

I fail to see how long-running shows like "Seinfeld" or shows that were never supposed to go beyond their initial run, like "The Prisoner," meet the criteria of "cancelled series."

Jeff in Boston

I fail to see how long-running shows like "Seinfeld" or shows that were never supposed to go beyond their initial run, like "The Prisoner," meet the criteria of "cancelled series."

Jeff in Boston

Didn't know there was legislation on this.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member

Jeff in Boston

He probably should have named the thread "TV shows I wish they still made" :lol:
I know a few that fit that category, although the stars probably wouldn't be as convincing in their role now that they have to use geriatric walkers. :w00t:

firefly
ufo(the brit series)
dresden files
haunted
crusade
just after a little reflection,i'm sure there are more.

Firefly, Firefly,Firefly, Firefly,Firefly, Firefly,Firefly, Firefly,Firefly, Firefly,Firefly, Firefly,Firefly, Firefly,Firefly, Firefly,Firefly, Firefly,Firefly, Firefly,Firefly, Firefly,Firefly, Firefly,Firefly, Firefly,Firefly, Firefly,Firefly, Firefly,Firefly, Firefly,Firefly, Firefly,Firefly, Firefly,Firefly, Firefly,Firefly, Firefly,Firefly, Firefly,Firefly, Firefly,Firefly, Firefly,Firefly, Firefly.

Didn't know there was legislation on this.

Well, I don't think a show as successful and wildly popular as Seinfeld can be considered "canceled". Just like M*A*S*H, Lost, The Sopranos, Friends (you get the picture) weren't really "canceled". They are just not being made any more.

I think the OP was really referring to awesome shows (Arrested Development et al) that were canceled (too soon) by the network early on.

I'd also like to add the British version of The Office, although I think the producers only wanted to go 3 seasons on that one - not a network decision.

I guess you could kind of count Family Guy. The first 3 seasons were brilliant. The show was canceled for a few years and brought back. IMO, its only a shell of its former self, recycling the same old jokes again and again.

Firefly, Firefly,Firefly, Firefly,Firefly, Firefly,Firefly, Firefly.

Sir, might you be a browncoat?

I think the OP was really referring to awesome shows (Arrested Development et al) that were canceled (too soon) by the network early on.

That was my point, but no worries.

The British "Office" was brilliant, and it's a complement to the American version that they could produce anything quality with such big shoes to fill.

Alfred Hitchcock presents
The Outer Limits (original series)

I don't know if they were cancelled-too-soon, but I know I loved them. Plus the T. Zone.

I wish someone would bring back the "spooky weekly thriller." I know some have tried to resurrect the format in years past, but none have come close to these.

Top Bottom