What's new

favorite cancelled TV series

In Case of Emergency (short-lived sitcom on ABC with David Arquette)
The Dana Carvey Show
Sports Night
Michael and Michael Have Issues

Hey - just FYI for you Norhern Exposure fans, check out Doc Martin! It is similar, from England, and available on netflix streaming and dvd. Wife and I quite like it.

Deadwood, Veronica Mars, Scrubs, and (I'm sure I'll get flamed for this) Reaper. I think those are my all time favorites, although I'll be adding The Newsroom to this list when it's over.

Of recent shows that got cancelled I thought the Chicago Code had some real potetntial. It was by the guy who wrote the Shield, which was a great show. Usually nowadays shows have a 3-5 year lifespan which I think is a good. Don't want to drag out a show and make it stale.

I have high hopes for Hell on Wheels on AMC.

Don't watch much tv, as I work nights. But here are a few I would still watch if they were active

The Prisoner - Mid to late 60's British Spy with heavy cultural over tones (loved it)
Heroes - Brilliant show, cancelled after the writers’ strike and greedy actor contract issues.
Battlestar Galactica (2004) - don't know if it was cancelled or just run it's corse, but it kicked ***.
The Tick (2001) - Patrick Warburton is awesome, this show never got a chance.

Legend of the Seeker - Not great, but entertaining, and dam have you seen Tabrett Bethell in skin tight leather.

PS Dead like me

I liked The Prisoner but I doubt I would watch it if it were still active, the story ran its course and I don't see where it would have gone after the finale. One thing that I give the BBC credit for is that they are willing to end a show when the story has ran its course. Sometimes I may feel that they end a bit too soon but it sure beats what happens to popular American shows when they go on longer then they should have.

I liked The Prisoner but I doubt I would watch it if it were still active, the story ran its course and I don't see where it would have gone after the finale. One thing that I give the BBC credit for is that they are willing to end a show when the story has ran its course. Sometimes I may feel that they end a bit too soon but it sure beats what happens to popular American shows when they go on longer then they should have.

Agreed... with some exceptions.

But it IS refreshing when a show ends earlier than planned, but they are able to do it in a way that wraps up the loose ends and completes the story, such as how the US version of "Life on Mars" ended. The show could have easily gone another season and held it's audience, but it would have been at the risk of becoming "just another 70s cop show" with some odd feelings and events thrown in.

What I hate is when they end it like "My Own Worst Nightmare".
I LOVED that show... and they were on a fresh cliffhanger with new aspects of the story revealed and NO questions answered... and bazinga... it's gone.
I've always had a soft spot for Slater's characters. He's like a younger Bruce Dern... you see his name in the cast and you know there's going to be a whack-job role of one form or another.

Top Bottom