What's new

Fake or Watered down Saponificio Varesino 70th? help!

alright. so, given that I got into the hobby 2 years ago, but after just a few weeks gave up and only a few weeks/months ago got back into it. this is actually my first aftershave purchase. I got the Saponificio Varesino 70th Anni "Used" but practically a full bottle at a decent price. but as soon as it arrived I noticed the contents inside looks very different, to me, then that of what I see online. it doesn't look as thick and creamy. never having purchased this before, or any aftershave for that matter, I have nothing to compare it to. it's still fairly thick. if I hold the bottle upside down I get maybe a drop and then it stops, so I have to actually give the bottle a shake. its thick enough that it comes out in a stream. and feels a bit oily in the hand... once out of the bottle and on my finger tips the color isn't noticeable at all. I'm wondering if maybe this was not a full bottle and something was added to it to thin it out and make it look full. (or many a similar looking aftershave was put in an empty bottle?) or if this is just because it's from a different batch then what I see online. I have noticed that pretty much every YouTube video and every photo I can find is the older bottles with the metal cap/lid. and you can see mine is the newer plastic lid, so it may just simply be that it's a different batch and the products color can change that much.

what are your thoughts?

$20160519_150935.jpg $20160519_153900.jpg

My bottle that I bought brand new. Looks like that... but based off of memory the cap looks different, I probably have the non-plastic lid. I can confirm when I get home from work.

But I will say that the aftershave to me has the consistency of milk. And needs to be shaken up if sitting a long time, Some of it will actually separate.

But I will say that the aftershave to me has the consistency of milk. And needs to be shaken up if sitting a long time, Some of it will actually separate.

I have a metal cap variant and concur completely with cvargo. Not as thin as a splash, not as thick as a balm - just like a milk.

Top Bottom