What's new

Experiences and opinions with FlyDear Super Platinum DE blades

Shave #7 - DSCosmetics T7-SE & FlyDear Super Platinum
Arko

I went with the Zamak version of the T7 head this morning and it is a nice mild shaver with just enough pop. The FlyDear performed well again with no deterioration of experience. Considering I only use one side and face at a time, this means this blade could go 28 shaves at least for me? 7 shaves X 4 edges.

View attachment 1842726

That’s quite some longetivity!

I did my second 3-pass shave on my first Flydear today, but switched from the GC .84P to the Merkur Futur. The GC shave was certainly adequate, but the Futur was closer still. Especially on the neck. Not quite BBS, but I wasn't really trying for that. Still sharp and smooth. I think I'll try for (3) on Tuesday with the Timeless Bronze, as I think this is a blade that shines in more dangerous razors.

Interesting thought.
What makes you think that?
Any special similarities?

From the comments I've read, I get the impression that this blade is very similar to the Astra SP.

I could be wrong, which is why I'm asking.

I need to test this blade so everyone is talking about it at the moment.

From the comments I've read, I get the impression that this blade is very similar to the Astra SP.

I could be wrong, which is why I'm asking.

I need to test this blade so everyone is talking about it at the moment.
I'd have to get a more recent shave with the Astra SP to give a firmer opinion, but on my face the FlyDear might actually feel a bit sharper than the Russian-made SP.

For sure try the FlyDear out for yourself. Everytime I shave with one, I can't believe the blades are so cheap. I have 395 or so and I don't regret a single penny spent on them.

I'd have to get a more recent shave with the Astra SP to give a firmer opinion, but on my face the FlyDear might actually feel a bit sharper than the Russian-made SP.

For sure try the FlyDear out for yourself. Everytime I shave with one, I can't believe the blades are so cheap. I have 395 or so and I don't regret a single penny spent on them.
And I consider 40 a lot of blades, lol! 395 wow![/COLOR]

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom