What's new

Everyday Shaving Stinger

Why, you have hard time believing Brian wanted someone else to take care of the marketing, business side so he can just focus on machining?

I'm very amused that people think this is a hoax or a scam, not believing Brian would sell his business.

Everyday Shaving
61560 American Lane
Bend, Oregon 97702
[email protected]

Why, you have hard time believing Brian wanted someone else to take care of the marketing, business side so he can just focus on machining?

I'm very amused that people think this is a hoax or a scam, not believing Brian would sell his business.

Everyday Shaving
61560 American Lane
Bend, Oregon 97702
[email protected]
If this was posted towards the question I asked others, its not a matter of if I believe or not believe!! I know what the address is listed as on the website and I think I was the first to confirm it earlier in this thread or another here and or on another forum, I was asking for others that had inquired earlier and a confirmation of what is actually on a shipping lable carries more merit that you or me copying and pasting something from a suspisious website!!

By all means though...be amused...:yikes:

Everyday Shaving
61560 American Lane
Bend, Oregon 97702
[email protected]

I'll just speak for myself, in terms of skepticism. I don't always take things at face value if something seems odd about it. From what I understand of this website/product, people started getting emails from them out of the blue saying we're a company owned by the previous owner of Charcoal Goods, and here's our new razor for you to buy. In the past, Brian seemed to be pretty good about communicating with the wetshaving community when there were changes to his operations with Charcoal (moving, new machinery, delays, taking a break for a while, whatever it was that came up). This seems to be the opposite of that, unless someone has actually heard from Brian directly about this which I haven't seen be the case.

The fact that it lists the street address actually adds to my skepticism, because Charcoal's website didn't do that. It just makes it look like someone is going over the top in trying to sell the story (combined with a company name and razor name that directly reference items that Charcoal did). This is a snippet from a web archive of Charcoal's website, they just said Bend Oregon, not an actual street address.
1706300988370.png

Maybe I'm just overly jaded, my wife certainly tells me that sometime... but we live in an age of scams and fake content, and when the info that I can see and read looks fishy to me that's what comes to mind. The fact that Charcoal's old website forwards to this one doesn't mean anything, because anyone can buy up an available domain and have it forward to the site of their choosing.

I actually think the tracking info that was posted showing Bend as the origin address is encouraging, I had asked about that because I think that's more solid as supporting evidence than the address on a shipping label since you can put whatever sender address you want on a label when you send a package or letter. I'm still hoping that Brian himself will actually confirm what, if any, involvement he has in the site and the product.

The razor itself doesn't interest me at all, so I don't really have a vested interest in the situation other than I think it would really suck if it did turn out to be some kind of deceptive marketing ploy that a lot of people bought razors as a result of just based on thinking Brian is associated with it. You're of course welcome to buy the razor as quickly as you want whether Brian is actually involved or not. If you do I hope it works out for you as a shaver.

So much controversy, I didn’t even know about this potentially maybe/maybe not link with Charcoal Goods 😁 I thought the dual sided head with the top cap and blade held on by magnets was neat and that handle looked ugly enough to round out the package…

Does it actually matter if it's really linked to Charcoal Goods?
The price is reasonable and while it looks very much like a v1 of a product, if it ends up a good shaver and last a decade or more, is that not enough?

Does it actually matter if it's really linked to Charcoal Goods?
The price is reasonable and while it looks very much like a v1 of a product, if it ends up a good shaver and last a decade or more, is that not enough?
It really doesn't, unless people are buying it because of that and it's not the case.
To me, I don't look at a $95 aluminum razor from an unproven, never heard of them company as a reasonable price. Reasonable price is obviously in the eye of the beholder, but that's more expensive than the aluminum razors from proven producers like Karve, Henson, Timeless. So I would guess that at least a good portion of the people getting excited about buying this for $95 are because they associate it with Brian from Charcoal and expecting a great product because of that. And I hope that whoever buys it gets that.

It really doesn't, unless people are buying it because of that and it's not the case.
To me, I don't look at a $95 aluminum razor from an unproven, never heard of them company as a reasonable price. Reasonable price is obviously in the eye of the beholder, but that's more expensive than the aluminum razors from proven producers like Karve, Henson, Timeless. So I would guess that at least a good portion of the people getting excited about buying this for $95 are because they associate it with Brian from Charcoal and expecting a great product because of that. And I hope that whoever buys it gets that.
Fair enough.
I suspect the price is going to remain roughly at Henson Al13 levels (i.e. with the discount on) until the manufacturer would consider themselves popular enough.

I bought it on a lark with fun money because it looked interesting. I didn't make any Charcoal Goods connection until after I had it for a while. I like it and it will be useful in the herd. Brian is a cool enhancement if true, but should be unnecessary for the purpose of buying it. It's frustrating to watch the prices of CG, ATT, Wolfman, etc. prices make like a roller coaster due to speculators buying for who made it rather than what it is - a tool.

Brian has joined DFS and gave a full explanation of what is going on. Basically he said it is his company and is letting his employees make this razor. He is very busy with other major jobs to fully participate however, if they sell at least 200 razors a month he might start making Charcoal Goods razors again. As far as the lower price read his explanation on DFS.

There was an identical post here yesterday from a brand new account that had just been set up (just like there one on DFS). Looks like the post here has been removed, not sure why.
I will say that I do find it odd because neither profiles allow for messaging; I wanted to send a direct message and neither profile will let you do that.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Gents - I just received word back from B&B ownership, and we are to ignore the threat made by the company to legally pursue our members for posting negative opinions about the product/company/website/owner.

I will be restoring the removed thread and posts.

Top Bottom