What's new

Ever have a blade not fit your DE?

Over in the Blades forum there is a discussion of measuring DE blades (http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showth...igital-Caliper-and-Homemade-Cardstock-Fixture) started by @ShavingByTheNumbers. It sounds like this thread may have interested him enough to start gathering measurements on the blade cutouts. Even if that doesn't happen, it is an interesting read.

I had already taken measurements of the cutout widths of my used blades, so I had already considered cutout measurements, but I didn't know how valuable they would be or if anyone would be interested. Your thread definitely got me going on talking about the issue because it was a good example of how valuable such measurements really could be. Thanks for that. :001_smile I've now already updated my thread on how parameters change with blade reveal with the PAA DOC Satin and a Wilkinson Sword blade by adding caliper measurements and relating them to what I found with my photo analysis. My caliper measurements of blade cutout width and razor blade alignment tab width correspond very nicely with my photo analysis result for blade play.

I had already taken measurements of the cutout widths of my used blades, so I had already considered cutout measurements, but I didn't know how valuable they would be or if anyone would be interested. Your thread definitely got me going on talking about the issue because it was a good example of how valuable such measurements really could be. Thanks for that. :001_smile I've now already updated my thread on how parameters change with blade reveal with the PAA DOC Satin and a Wilkinson Sword blade by adding caliper measurements and relating them to what I found with my photo analysis. My caliper measurements of blade cutout width and razor blade alignment tab width correspond very nicely with my photo analysis result for blade play.

Ah, I misread your post in the other thread. Thanks.

I got one of those sub-$20 knockoff razors once. Its plate post was thick and the threads were rough. I could get the blade on, but had to tug, pull, rock, unscrew, and other little tricks to get the blade back off from where the post was impaling it tightly in the center blade cutout. That was the only razor I ever returned. It was from one of those sellers who says they really want honest evaluations from the buying customers, and I was helpful in showing photos of the annoying process of removing the blade.

Top Bottom