What's new

Elizabeth Arden "Sandalwood"

Seems like good value from frag X anybody care to comment on it or recommend a nice woody frag from the same vendor?

Thanks in advance.

Check the reviews. It doesn't smell that much like real Sandalwood but it is pretty nice and a very likable scent. Doesn't really smell "cheap" either.

Check around, you can probably pick up a bottle very cheap. I've seen it go on ebay for $7-10 US plus shipping. Hard to go wrong at that price it seems like something up your alley.

It's not a pure sandalwood, or even only a mixture of woods. The strongest scent I get at first is a kind of lavender. After that, the sandalwood comes out in the drydown. I think that it's pretty nice, and a bargain too. I paid $7 or $8 for it.

I have to disagree - I read all the other positive comments and got a bottle. It smells nothing like sandalwood - or anything else nice. You get what you pay for.

I bought a bottle about a year ago because I'd read some positive reviews and because I love sandalwood.

Talk about regrets. It really hurt to toss that huge bottle into the trashcan, but the pain was less than any embarrassment I would have been subjected to had I worn the vile devil sweat out in public.

It's WAY too strong. I don't even know what the smell is, but it's a headache-inducing stinkfest.

Now, if I were 15 years older, I would have worn this in the 70s while cruising around in my T-Top Firebird, letting the wind whip through my manicured chest hair and obscenely large collar. In that case, it woulda been bitchin', but these days, no.

I love the stuff and my wife does too, but if you were expecting a pure Sandalwood, I am not surprised at the disappointment. From Basenotes:

Top Notes
Lavender, Bergamot, Clary Sage, Lemon .

Middle Notes
Geranium, Sandal, Basil, Cedarwood, Patchouli, Vetiver .

Base Notes
Treemoss, Amber, Musk, Opopanax, Labdanum, Tonka .

For me, the Patchouli is very pronounced and I suspect that is a big part of what's bothering the naysayers. I tried it and think it smells great, but YMMV! At least the admission price is low!

Dave

I love the stuff and my wife does too, but if you were expecting a pure Sandalwood, I am not surprised at the disappointment. From Basenotes:

Top Notes
Lavender, Bergamot, Clary Sage, Lemon .

Middle Notes
Geranium, Sandal, Basil, Cedarwood, Patchouli, Vetiver .

Base Notes
Treemoss, Amber, Musk, Opopanax, Labdanum, Tonka .

For me, the Patchouli is very pronounced and I suspect that is a big part of what's bothering the naysayers. I tried it and think it smells great, but YMMV! At least the admission price is low!

Dave

That's right. I also like the Lavender/Treemoss that I get when it goes on. As long as you go easy on the sprayer, I think it's great.

Top Bottom