What's new

Edwin Jagger Limes & Pomegranate Shaving Cream

Hey gents,
Is anyone familiar with the Limes and Pomegranate cream from Edwin Jagger. I am intrigued but not too familiar with EJ's creams. I do have their Best Badger brush and like it a lot. Just wanted to know about their creams

I've never used their Limes and Pomegranate, but the Sea Buckthorn and Sandalwood creams were both lovely. Apparently they're re-branded Muhle creams. Good cushion and slickness, and the scents are mild but very well executed. The only reason I didn't re-order them was price. I just couldn't justify paying that much for a good product. It just didn't feel like a great value proposition.

I haven't tried the new Limes & Pomegranate yet, but I really like the EJ creams. They don't get a ton of love here, though. I know partly why - They are quite expensive for a standard cream, especially given the amount of lather you get out of the cream. It does lather well, but I feel like I need more product when using the EJ creams, especially with dense brushes. I have Sandalwood (my favourite scent in all of shavedom), Seabuckthorn and Aloe Vera. EJ sandalwood is the first cream I actually used up, and its probably partly because I need more of it than most other creams. I'm also really interested in how the new scents fare.

It's on my to try list but have been busy with other things. I also like Sea Buckthorn; although not the best scent it made a nice lather.

I have the EJ Limes & Pomegranate cream and soap. I think they're both really good. They both have a pretty strong scent, very citrusy. It reminds me a lot of the scent of TOBS Grapefruit cream.

It is expensive for the amount of product you get, both the cream and the soap.

JCinPA

The Lather Maestro
Well, I got some from Above the Tie, along with some other items. Just wanted to try it.

The scent is, IMO, fantastic! I am not always the biggest lime fan, but I like it in combination with other things and wanted to try this mix. I love it! It makes for an excellent lather.

That said, however, it is as good as, but no better than, any TOBS cream I've used, and I won't be getting it again for price, especially for a 100g tub. If you are a lime fan and want to try something different and are thinking of treating yourself, get some! If you are looking for an economical shaving cream to put in your rotation, try the TOBS grapefruit, which seems to be getting rave reviews.

This is a very good shaving cream, with an outstanding scent, and my only knock is the cost.

I bought a sample and I can say that I am quite pleased with it. Great performance, on par with the other British creams. The smell is delicious and great for summer. The lime is definitely there, but the pomegranate is what really makes it great!

Another expensive produce I want to try and can't afford to use regularly. That list grows the longer I'm on B&B.

JCinPA

The Lather Maestro
Another expensive produce I want to try and can't afford to use regularly. That list grows the longer I'm on B&B.

I thought I was over my AD, but it's tough to kick the habit. A wise man here once said, "You don't have to try them all, you know." I forget who now, one of the Stewards, I think.

I won't be reordering, and frankly, the connection between price and quality in lather products, while not an inverse relationship, is certainly random. Any connection between price and quality here exists solely in the buyers mind, IMNSHO. Are there good expensive products? To be sure, there are. But you can get some of the best performers out there from brands like TOBS, and given that they pack 50% more cream in their tubs than EJ makes my purchase seem kinda silly.

ive used the sea buckthorn and as it is discontinued , i tried the new line. This cream is more fluid , and as such i felt i had to use a little bit more cream than usual. didnt feel as concentrated. The scent was refreshing... however i personally prefer the texture of the older cream better.

a welcome addition to my collection though

I got a sample from EJ and while I liked the cream, I won't be giving up TOBS lime or Castle Forbes Lime for it. The scent doesn't make up for the price/quality equation. You can do better for less money.

i really miss the Sea Buckthorn though.

While EJ creams are definitely not as good as tobs bang for buck, the soaps are a pretty good deal. Only $9 and they last a long time.

I have a sample of this cream that I got over Xmas.

i grabbed two at a store. I love it.

Send me your address and I'll drop the second one in the mail to you.

Top Bottom