What's new

Edwin Jagger DE razors?

Where did you order from? englishshavingcompany.com? I'd love to get a Georgian before they are all gone but am wondering who would be best to deal with in terms of price and shipping to or within Canada. My go-to man, Fendrihan.com does not sell the Georgian.

Yep, I ordered from them, razor, best brush, and a plastic brush stand from them, for like 75 USD, they shipped here, I picked the sign for delivery option, and it came very fast. probably not necessairy to pay for the signed for part, but since I spent that much I thought it was worth it. Best part they marked the box as gift for twenty dollars, so no duty or anything! and I got free sample of shave cream too. So I recommend them, well packaged, all around good experience, and fair pricing. Cheaper than some canadian companys would charge for shipping...

The beauty of these razors is like the icing on the cake of the perfect shaving experience.

As my dear Sicilian grandmother would say in a rough English translation "If it isn't beautiful, I have no use for it".

I'm sure the Merkur Futur shaves great but it would look like I was using the arm from a 1950's Soviet era war android, some how it would diminish the experience for me.

Please understand, I mean no disrespect to any Futur users or their preferred instrument.:blush:

BTW I use a faux ivory Chatsworth.

Last edited:
My only kit is all Edwin Jagger.
I love my EJ Bulbous Lined Razor and Medium Silvertip Brush. I find the weight aids me in controlling and maintaining the best angle and ... yadda yadda yadda.
It's just so flippin' beautiful man!

My only kit is all Edwin Jagger.
I love my EJ Bulbous Lined Razor and Medium Silvertip Brush. I find the weight aids me in controlling and maintaining the best angle and ... yadda yadda yadda.
It's just so flippin' beautiful man!

My kit is all Edwin Jagger aswell.EJ shave bowl,EJ super badger brush,EJ aloe vera soap,sandalwood,sea bucthorn.Ive not got a razor yet however i do like the look of the one they sale on bestgroomingtools.com so i might purchase one so i have a full set lol its so hard to get there aftershave balms ive almost gave up trying lol.

I just got the Edwin Jagger Bulbous Lined safety/double edge razor and it seems to be a dream come true so far. Nothing to even compare it to......

The beauty of these razors is like the icing on the cake of the perfect shaving experience.

As my dear Sicilian grandmother would say in a rough English translation "If it isn't beautiful, I have no use for it".

I'm sure the Merkur Futur shaves great but it would look like I was using the arm from a 1950's Soviet era war android, some how it would diminish the experience for me.
The EJ is a vintage Rolls Royce, the Merkur is a Mercedes Sedan. Both will get you there but the EJ will do it in style.

Gentlemen,

Beauty is hard to resist. For me, the Edwin Jaggers double razors fit well describe my sentiment. I own three, the DE 89L, Chatsworth Barley and the mock ivory. They are gorgeous. The shave is gorgeous.

After my shave, I feel gorgeous — well, maybe I wouldn't go that far.

Regards,

Obelit

Unlike most guys, I never read instructions. Or advertising that comes with stuff I've ordered. So if my wife hadn't shown me the EJ flyer I'd put in the recycling bin, the one that came with my new synthetic shaving brush (which I love to pieces) I wouldn't have known that EJ makes razors too. Does anyone out there own one of their razors? Or have you used one? What do you think? They're very pretty, but they seem to be three-piece. And they're very spendy. And I doubt they do a better job than my trusty '40s SS's.
I have an EJ Chatsworth "Barley", a Merkur Futur, 38C, 39C and HD.
also several old Gillettes, including a 40's vintage Superspeed and an Aristocrat from around the same era.
I'm sure from reading the posts on this board that you have realized just how subjective to personal preference , discussions about "which razor is best" are.
Mine is no less.
That being said, my Chatsworth Barley, with the three piece Muhle/Pinsel head is the finest razor I own. It seems to have the perfect balace and weight for me. I consistantly positions the blade and gives me a very good shave with almost any blade I put in it. Best blade has been the now extinct "Swedish Gillette", but the new 7:00 Sharp Edges run a close second.
The only other razor in my kit that shaves as nicely as my Chatsworth is my Merkur Futur. The Futur is a fine modern shaving tool and will give me consistant BBS shaves comfotably and with no irritation. It is, sadly, a lot harder on the eyes than my Chatsworth. I liked the remark about it looking like a "50's Soviet war android" or as someone else said; Gort from " The Day The Earth Stood Still"

My old Gillettes shave me very nicely, but not as nicely, or as closely, as my Chatsworth or my Futur. Also my old Gillettes show a marked preference for the "Swedish Gillette" blades, and as we know, those wonderful blades are now history.
To sum it up I have two absolutely first class shavers,
Beauty and the Beast.

Attachments

• $EJ_CHS_Met.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 571
Last edited:
Those who would like to purchase a Georgian should hurry. From what I know E. Jagger is discontinuing the model, or at least this is what they told us.

Regards,
Alfred

+1 on what Alfred said.
He is, incidently, the Proprietor of the fine Fendrihan establisment and a first rate gentleman to deal with.
Albuqueque Mike

Well I guess I really had no choice but to order my second Edwin Jagger razor. I don't why I thought I would be happy with just one razor for the rest of my life anyway. There is nothing like the EJ Bulbous Lined razor. I absolutely love it, but it does not travel with me. For travel I have been quite happy with my Bic Metal Guard disposables and a tube of Billy Jealousy. I have sung their praises in several posts and I still believe that this combination is near unbeatable for travel. Yet ... reading in this thread that the EJ Georgian was to be discontinued, and that EJ has started using a different head since my razor was made and delivered two years ago, made this purchase decision too much for me to resist. Going back to The (Excellent) English Shaving Company, I selected a Georgian in faux ivory finish and a Pure Badger Travel Brush with tube in the same faux ivory. Both were on sale so I kinda feel like I saved a few dollars (yeah, anything to justify spending the money). Some who have used both, have written that they prefer the new head to the old, while others prefer the original head over the new. Isn't it cool to own examples of both though?
Now, who do we need to speak with about getting one of those leather travel cases made for the EJ safety razors like the ones they have for their Mach III razors?
I don't fancy having my Georgian razor just rattling around loose in my Dopp kit and I would rather not waste space by packing it in the box, but I will if I must.
Enablers! All of you!
I can't wait for my Royal Mail delivery.

Last edited:
Report back on how you like the Georgian -- I need to just order one before they run out :001_huh:

QUOTE=ProphetNoir;1203426]Well I guess I really had no choice but to order my second Edwin Jagger razor. I don't why I thought I would be happy with just one razor for the rest of my life anyway. There is nothing like the EJ Bulbous Lined razor. I absolutely love it, but it does not travel with me. For travel I have been quite happy with my Bic Metal Guard disposables and a tube of Billy Jealousy. I have sung their praises in several posts and I still believe that this combination is near unbeatable for travel. Yet ... reading in this thread that the EJ Georgian was to be discontinued, and that EJ has started using a different head since my razor was made and delivered two years ago, made this purchase decision too much for me to resist. Going back to The (Excellent) English Shaving Company, I selected a Georgian in faux ivory finish and a Pure Badger Travel Brush with tube in the same faux ivory. Both were on sale so I kinda feel like I saved a few dollars (yeah, anything to justify spending the money). Some who have used both, have written that they prefer the new head to the old, while others prefer the original head over the new. Isn't it cool to own examples of both though?
Now, who do we need to speak with about getting one of those leather travel cases made for the EJ safety razors like the ones they have for their Mach III razors?
I don't fancy having my Georgian razor just rattling around loose in my Dopp kit and I would rather not waste space by packing it in the box, but I will if I must.
Enablers! All of you!
I can't wait for my Royal Mail delivery.[/QUOTE]

Report back on how you like the Georgian -- I need to just order one before they run out :001_huh:

My Edwin Jagger Georgian Razor and Pure Badger Travel Brush were just delivered. TESCO also included a sample of EJ Sea Buckthorn shaving cream. I will give the brush and razor a tryout tomorrow evening and also try to take some pictures. I am really interested to see if I can discern any difference between the Merkur head on my EJ Bulbous Lined Razor and the new Muhle head on the Georgian. In terms of aesthetics, I can say that the Georgian is even better than the pictures I have seen. I chose the imitation ivory handle only because the travel brush was only available in that finish or ebony. I already have an EJ medium silvertip in ebony so I wanted something different. This will hopefully become my travel razor and brush, replacing the tried and true BIC Metal disposables that I usually pack. I want to travel with the brush and a shave stick, but I still love that Billy Jealousy Hydroplane which is used brushless. I like it enough that I don't need to save it for use only when I travel. I think it does a good enough job that I would use it at home especially on days when the face may be a bit tender. It really is that good, and the Billy Jealousy Shaved Ice ASB has to be experienced to be believed.
OK, I will try and do a proper review on the Georgian Razor and Pure Badger Travel Brush in the next couple of days. Although I would say on sight alone if you want an EJ Georgian Razor, go for it! The price is right and you never know what they might go for once they are all gone.

Last edited:
I own a Merkur 38c, a closed-head Muhle-Pinsel (MP) and an EJ Chatsworth with a MP head. The EJ is my favorite, with the MP coming in a reasonable second. It gives me a BBS shave every time, but is less aggressive than my 38c. I use it with Derby blades and my shaves are always comfortable without weepers. It's the best.

I own the EJ Chatsworth with imatation horn handle and Muele 3 piece head. It is a precision instrument not to mention very attractive. I got the medium silvertip imation horn brush and stand, (nichol) with bowl, (way less than chrome) from Highland--not the cheapest but very nice to deal with. The razor is not terribly aggressive but does a nice job.

Last edited:
Top Bottom