What's new

Easter Eggs

Chef455

Head Cheese Head Chef
Huh. Just read that Martha Stewart claims you can dye Easter eggs using shaving cream. Some canned foam & food coloring, let your egg (hard boiled) sit in it for 15-20 minutes. Make a "tie dye" effect by swirling but not completely mixing a few different colors.

No little ones at the chef house, but if you have them it sounds way messier than your vinegar and tablets...

Tirvine

ancient grey sweatophile
I really don't try to get them Martha perfect. My objective is to have a day or two of curried egg salad sandwiches.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
We just do the vinegar thing. We also do confetti eggs- think it’s a Mex-Am tradition. Take off a small part of the shell, empty and rinse out. Fill with confetti, and tack on paper over the whole. Then smack people in the head with them. Last year my grandson said he was going to crack his last one on “some old dude’s car”. I was the old dude. :)

Attachments

• 4CF4421E-4E04-42B3-8401-F3F8CB03539B.jpeg
    4CF4421E-4E04-42B3-8401-F3F8CB03539B.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 7
  • 8C04CEEE-F42D-47BE-83C0-0F3F18CDB63A.jpeg
    8C04CEEE-F42D-47BE-83C0-0F3F18CDB63A.jpeg
    832.3 KB · Views: 7

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
We just do the vinegar thing. We also do confetti eggs- think it’s a Mex-Am tradition. Take off a small part of the shell, empty and rinse out. Fill with confetti, and tack on paper over the whole. Then smack people in the head with them. Last year my grandson said he was going to crack his last one on “some old dude’s car”. I was the old dude. :)
That was maybe two months after my last chemo treatment. I forgot how rough I looked then.

Chef455

Head Cheese Head Chef
That was maybe two months after my last chemo treatment. I forgot how rough I looked then.
Pretty handsome for a man going through chemo. Chemotherapy is a butt whupper and my respect and sympathy goes out to anyone that has to get through it. I hope your outcome has been good.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
You are blessed beyond measure with a grandson like that one my friend!

He reminds me of my son. I was an old first time Dad and loved every single second. I raised him like a grandkid. Which means he was half raised by wolves, lol.

I miss that little man!

And YOU look phenomenal my friend. Whatever you are doing keep it up. You are quite possibly the second best looking man on Badger and Blade!

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Pretty handsome for a man going through chemo. Chemotherapy is a butt whupper and my respect and sympathy goes out to anyone that has to get through it. I hope your outcome has been good.
Mostly good. Below will be a more recent pic when I went with the oldest grandson to send some arrows down range

You are blessed beyond measure with a grandson like that one my friend!

He reminds me of my son. I was an old first time Dad and loved every single second. I raised him like a grandkid. Which means he was half raised by wolves, lol.

I miss that little man!

And YOU look phenomenal my friend. Whatever you are doing keep it up. You are quite possibly the second best looking man on Badger and Blade!

@oc_in_fw : you keeping the weight up?
Having problems with weight- down to 165. I’ve been having a lot of intestinal pain, so I haven’t been eating. omeprazole 40 mg is barely keeping a handle on it. Getting an ultrasound next week.

Attachments

• 5D989327-0700-4F87-B92B-18D6C16C13BE.jpeg
    5D989327-0700-4F87-B92B-18D6C16C13BE.jpeg
    213.1 KB · Views: 6

captp

Pretty Pink Fairy Princess.
Proper Easter Eggs have peanut butter or coconut cream in a chocolate covering. Must be made by Church Ladies.

Chef455

Head Cheese Head Chef
Proper Easter Eggs have peanut butter or coconut cream in a chocolate covering. Must be made by Church Ladies.

What sort of Pretty Pink Pennsylvania Fairy Princess recipe is this? I'd pass on the coconut but PB and chocolate, yes thankyouverymuch.

Top Bottom