What's new

Eagle Rare 10

My goodness is this stuff great!

Coming from the Buffalo Trace distillery, this is a Single Barrel, Kentucky Bourbon Whiskey that has been aged for 10 years and is bottled at 90 proof. A 5 time Double Gold winner, this spirit comes highly recommended.

A wonderfully strong essence of Vanilla and rich, creamy Caramel. Hints of tree born fruits mixed with smokey oak. The finish is very strong, dry, and settles down to a syrupy baked goods sensation.

I honestly can't believe the price point on this. Barely $25 for a drink of this calibre is an absolute steal.

Below is a list of awards:
2012 Excellent/Strong Recommendation - Ultimate Spirits Challenge
2010 Gold Medal - Los Angeles International Wine & Spirits Competition
2008 Double Gold Medal - San Francisco World Spirits Competition
2008 Gold Medal - Best of Category - Los Angeles Int. Wine & Spirits Competition
2007 Double Gold Medal - San Francisco World Spirits Competition
2005 Double Gold Medal - San Francisco World Spirits Competition
2004 Double Gold Medal - San Francisco World Spirits Competition
2003 Double Gold Medal - San Francisco World Spirits Competition

I think I have found my new go-to. Anyone have any other recommendations for me if I love this?

Thanks for the heads up.:thumbup1: I will look for some next trip to the package store. Dickel #12 and Bulleit have been my choices lately. Best, Bradley

Last edited:
I really like the eagle rare 10 year. And you are right about the price.

Another really good bourbon at the $25 price is WL Weller 12 yr.

Yep, great bourbon, especially for the price. If you haven't tried it, Blantons from the same distillery is pretty great as well.

Sampled this last night and was surprised at how good it is. Searched to find other's thoughts and now I'm happily surprised again at the cost. Picking up a bottle tomorrow.

just found it at my local liquor store, didnt pick one up today but I see one in my near future...thanks for the heads up

Its not my favorite but its still very good for the price I can get it at(around $22 dollars). And it comes in a cool bottle :wink2:.

This is one of my favorites. I've got a bottle that I'm half way through this month. This is why I gravitate to the Bourbons even though I love Scotch. There are a lot of good Bourbons out there in the $20-$30 range. To get a comparable Scotch in the States, you have to spend twice as much.

I'll second that^^^.

Picked up the Eagle Rare for <$30 and spied the Talisker 10 for nearly $70 on the top shelf. Glad I got the Talisker for $40 on a cruise last summer (Almost worth the risk of being stranded at sea without working toilets).

Last edited:
Drank it for the first time @ Kadena AB, Okinawa 1968-69; a fine dram as are the aformentioned, Weller's 12 Y. O., Dickel 12, etc. Bourbon still the best value in whisk(e)y and it doesn't have the influence of previous contents of the ageing medium as do Scottish and Irish whiskies and other spirits. I prefer Bourbons lighter on Corn and Wheated. Rye Whiskey has definitely improved and may regain some of the prominence it had prior to Prohibition when it along with Irish Whiskey acquired a bad reputation for quality because of their popularity and unscrupulous suppliers.

Top Bottom