What's new

DS Cosmetic G7 synthetic brush knot?

Can anyone share any info about these knots? Are they really a successor to G5 (what happened to G6?) or is that marketing BS?
I wonder if the fibers are Japanese, German or Chinese. Either way, I expect the knots are assembled in China. Thanks guys.

Somebody on here said there are two G7 knots, an older one and a newer one. I don't know. I started a thread about this previously and got nothing helpful. I haven't seen one, personally. What I can say is that my local B&M got some brushes with G7 knots in from China. DSCosmetics is also Chinese. It is likely something like saying Manchurian Badger, since Manchuria is a huge area making up at least 1/6th of China. Saying that is marketing, in other words. My local guy told me that the G7 had more backbone than the usual Tuxedo and other popular knots and had some scrub to it, like a badger or boar. I don't care much for boar so he told me I wouldn't like it. One other observation. The G7 is not the most expensive synthetic Chinese knot.

I have one, in a ds cosmetic brush you can see it in. The photo below. Imo it's a great knot and replicates a badger knot more than anything I've tried it's soft but has that light scrub like a badger , it also seems to absorb water it's prob my favorite knot in the line up I have. I liked it so much I ordered another from alie express to replace the knot in my phantom aerolite withView attachment 1689096
Nice razor. Those look like Kirinite scales like those on my H. Diamond.

It's one hell of a shaver , good ole yasuki steel you can never go wrong there imo. They may be I have a feeling given its age it's prob celluloid. Kirinite is a fairly new development right?
Well, my Japanese H. Diamond was made no later than the early 1970’s I think.

I guess I can revive this thread a bit instead of a new one.

I got the Dscosmetics G7. Mind you, I'm not a synthetics guy, I don't like plastics on my face and always fear that microplastics will enter my skin. The only synth I have is the Simpson's T2 so I have no other brush to compare it to.

First off, the brush is less springy and I like the longer handle. It is soft, it's not as soft as my Vielong horse, but it's quite soft and it has a comfortable backbone. It splays without much hassle. I used it with my Palmolive cream and I must say that it created a lather that I have not been able to create with my boars, horse or T2. The lather was very slick and creamy with the amount of residual slickness I have never experienced from this cream.

So long story short, I recommend this brush. I got it for only 10 euros from Aliexpress, it's really really good.

I guess I can revive this thread a bit instead of a new one.

I got the Dscosmetics G7. Mind you, I'm not a synthetics guy, I don't like plastics on my face and always fear that microplastics will enter my skin. The only synth I have is the Simpson's T2 so I have no other brush to compare it to.

First off, the brush is less springy and I like the longer handle. It is soft, it's not as soft as my Vielong horse, but it's quite soft and it has a comfortable backbone. It splays without much hassle. I used it with my Palmolive cream and I must say that it created a lather that I have not been able to create with my boars, horse or T2. The lather was very slick and creamy with the amount of residual slickness I have never experienced from this cream.

So long story short, I recommend this brush. I got it for only 10 euros from Aliexpress, it's really really good.
What knot size did you get?

Top Bottom