What's new

Does it do any good to flip the DE blade up side down in the handle

I have not tried this, as it is just more chances to get the blade edges in contact with items which don't need cutting (e.g. metal parts of the razor). It is also just too much fussing about.

This thread has blown my mind.

So... I know I read somewhere here about flipping and switching blades, always turning those little numbers on the blade corners so you'll get nice even wear on the blade...

And the other day I was using a Sharp blade (which I read was a good-for-one-shave-only blade), it began to drag at the end of my second pass, so I flipped it for my third, and it felt much better... that was all in my head? I'm not doubting it... it's just that blade-flipping seemed to make a kind of sense.

So... I know I read somewhere here about flipping and switching blades, always turning those little numbers on the blade corners so you'll get nice even wear on the blade...

If the numbers are on one side of the blade, all you are doing is rotating the blade horizontally, which would have absolutely no effect on the blade whatsoever.

And the other day I was using a Sharp blade (which I read was a good-for-one-shave-only blade), it began to drag at the end of my second pass, so I flipped it for my third, and it felt much better... that was all in my head? I'm not doubting it... it's just that blade-flipping seemed to make a kind of sense.

Placebo. A DE blade only has one edge, no matter what side is used. It's simply too thin to have 2 edges. Numbers on the blade are for QA during manufacture.

Top Bottom