What's new

Does anyone own a ROCK ISLAND ARMORY VRBP-100 12 GA - If so, what is your opinion of it?

Hi all,

I ran across a really nice 1949 Remington 11-48 for $200 that I bought last weekend. As far as I am concerned it will meet all my hunting needs which are not many for a shotgun. I thought about trying to find a short barrel for it so I could have a dual purpose hunting and home defense shotgun. Well the barrels are pretty expensive and I cannot find any short ones so I'd have to have a gunsmith cut it down.

So I started looking at home defense shotguns. I've always thought about a Remington 870 or Mossberg 500 but came across the VRBP-100. Do you own one and if so what do you think about it? Or would it just be better/easier to grab an 870 or 500?

No, but RIA has been really good of late.
Advantages- very compact, capable of being fired from non-traditional positions, easily maneuvered in dwellings, easily reloaded via mags.

Cons- haven't seen a bunch of them yet, 12 gauge mags are bulky(but how many do you need to carry?)

$450/460 at Bud's. I'd give it a try. I'm also a gun-wrencher, so my perspective can be different.

I generally prefer autos to pumps.

I really like RIA but they don't make those bullpup shotguns. They import them from Turkey and alot of lower priced Turkish shotguns are garbage from what I have seen. Don't know about this one though. Like others have said the Maverick 88 is hard to beat. There are multiple burn down attempts on YouTube that it passes with flying colors. Mossberg of any shotgun I would choose. That said I currently have a double CZ coach, am old single shot 12 that's a beauty and I got super cheap and a Beretta 1301 comp that's the softest shooting shotgun imo. My next is a Mossberg 590a1.

Top Bottom