What's new

Do you rinse soap

When you load your brush directly from the tub, do you rinse your tub of soap or croap afterwards?

• Total voters
I do not rinse on purpose. I load my brushes directly from the tubs they come in. I allow the lather the dry, usually up to 12 hours (that's just because of my schedule). When I shave the next day, I bloom the soap to soften it some and then dump the water from the tub directly into the sink of water I will be using to shave. That is the water I use to wet my face with prior to the shave. I usually soak my brush separately, but it does take a swim in the sink full of water as well.

I’m been reading that some guys always rinse their soap jars after loading. When you load your brush directly from the original tub, do you rinse your tub of soap or croap afterwards?
I do rinse the soap, but not after the shave. I put a little hot water on the puck, and swish for 10-15 seconds at the start of a shave. That gets the little dried foam. I pour that into the shaving bowl as part of the water for lathering. The surface of the puck has been just slightly softened so the brush picks it up faster.

Hell to the no.

On the other hand, there is really nothing to rinse off. I incorporate all the protolather into the lather. In other words, after I load the brush, I use my finger to get all the foam and put it into the bowl, so there really isn't anything left to rinse.

Rinsing soap just wastes soap.

I do the same no rinse. Though, I face lather more lately and wipe the dregs on my cheek.

Hell to the no.

On the other hand, there is really nothing to rinse off. I incorporate all the protolather into the lather. In other words, after I load the brush, I use my finger to get all the foam and put it into the bowl, so there really isn't anything left to rinse.

Rinsing soap just wastes soap.

I really like this idea of creating surrogate soap dishes of a couple faves. Gonna have to try it.

Creams:
No brush or water go in the tub. I scoop out what I need for one shave with a clean spatula. Or squeeze from a tube.

Tub soaps:
I serve up a heaped teaspoon of soft soaps into a separate lidded dish. That'll do me anywhere between 15 to 30 shaves, depending on the soap and just how heaped the spoon was. No need for special care, so no rinsing etc. I just put the lid back on. I only have two dishes in the bathroom to worry about, so it's not like it's going to be sat for weeks developing nasties.

Hard soaps:
If a cake/puck of hard soap goes into a soap dish, instead of a spoonful of soft soap, it's going to be in there for many months, and needs some extra care. Every month or so, I will tip the hard soap out, and give it a clean all over. For the most part, it's just like washing hands with a bar soap, but if the edges where it sits against the dish have gone a bit mushy or discoloured, I will clean off all the ugly bits with a scouring pad.

Top Bottom