What's new

Do you rinse soap

When you load your brush directly from the tub, do you rinse your tub of soap or croap afterwards?

• Total voters
I’m been reading that some guys always rinse their soap jars after loading. When you load your brush directly from the original tub, do you rinse your tub of soap or croap afterwards?

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
Creams:
No brush or water go in the tub. I scoop out what I need for one shave with a clean spatula. Or squeeze from a tube.

Tub soaps:
I serve up a heaped teaspoon of soft soaps into a separate lidded dish. That'll do me anywhere between 15 to 30 shaves, depending on the soap and just how heaped the spoon was. No need for special care, so no rinsing etc. I just put the lid back on. I only have two dishes in the bathroom to worry about, so it's not like it's going to be sat for weeks developing nasties.

Hard soaps:
If a cake/puck of hard soap goes into a soap dish, instead of a spoonful of soft soap, it's going to be in there for many months, and needs some extra care. Every month or so, I will tip the hard soap out, and give it a clean all over. For the most part, it's just like washing hands with a bar soap, but if the edges where it sits against the dish have gone a bit mushy or discoloured, I will clean off all the ugly bits with a scouring pad.

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
It depends on the day. If the brush is exactly the right level of damp I don't have to rinse the puck. If it has a little too much water left in the brush I can easily get some soap over the edge onto the sides of the tub - and I rinse that off, generally getting a bit of water over the puck. I don't tend to load for a very long time, so I don't get a lot of lather on the puck, and what's on there doesn't bother me at all, but I don't want to pick up a slippery tub.

I usually load with a very wet brush, I am also often listening to music/podcast/audiobook so sometimes get distracted and have suds all over the tub.

It gets rinsed with cold water.
Jay

Hard soaps: I load with a wet brush. When I’m done I rinse the soap with cold water and leave it to air dry by my dehumidifier. An hour or two later it’s bone dry.

I load and leave it, then cap it after I'm done to maintain some moisture in it for hydration. Cella's the only soap I've ever had have an issue in a tub. but it didn't get a lot of use, and it didn't live in a fridge

With tubs I turn them over and rinse the outside, then set them upside down on the edge of the lid to dry.
Pucks in shaving mugs are just placed back on the shelf. :cuppa:

Top Bottom