What's new

Do you have any hobbies that your friends just don't get?

My collecting of vintage neckwear and fedoras from the 30's thru the 50's would likely be the one thing my friends just don't get-hey can I help it if they're just not as cool as I am? :cool:

Besides my wetshaving hobby I would say the other ones my friends and family don't seem to understand (with a few exceptions) are:

1.) History (I'm currently trying to get my certification to be a Social Studies Teacher)

2.) My pipe smoking (only really do it during the nicer weather though)

3.) My gaming addiction (I'm an avid video gamer, board gamer, and pen & paper roleplay game player).

4.) Beer (We don't live too far from the Southern Tier Brewing Company, and I haven't found a beer from them I haven't liked :biggrin:)

Knives. I collect and last year started making them. Love working with them, holding them and just looking at them.

People around me don't really get it. My wife doesn't mind too much as long as it's not too expensive and it makes me happy.

Aggressive Rollerblading. People don't understand why I enjoy hucking myself 10 or more feet into the air on a set of small wheels.

Not really a 'hobby' but I'd have to say Freemasonry (also York Rite/Knight Templar).. I currently serve as the Lodge Secretary (Northern 278, New Hope Alabama).. My friends just don't get it but unless you're a member you wont... :wink:

proxy.php

Same here. I'm active in my Lodge, the Shrine, and Scottish Rite.

Top Bottom