What's new

DO they shave badgers for the hair if not why not?

Exactly... the head is different, so are the markings. Their behaviour and diet are completely different as well.

And look at the difference in the size of the claws :eek:

View attachment 64476

View attachment 64477

BTW, I'll tell you now, the European one ain't no saint either lovely animals but F******* vicious things..... especially if cornered. Oh and they don't half mess up your car if you hit them.... they can write of smaller vehicles... Badger in the UK grow to around 10KG, and they are about 90 cm long with the tail accounting for roughly 20cm of that.

Tom

No doubt. But pound for pound the American badger has it all over the Eurasian badger. This is an animal that is not afraid to get in tussles with bears. And the bear is the one that ends up running away.

No doubt. But pound for pound the American badger has it all over the Eurasian badger. This is an animal that is not afraid to get in tussles with bears. And the bear is the one that ends up running away.

Definately I agree...., our ones I have seen attempt to stare down cars, vaguley grimly humorous.... the Hitler delusion... I'm tiny but the most dangerous thing around ergo I must win..... Nope.

Also our ones lure you into a false sense of security by appearing cuddly and safe ;-) then they pounce.... especially if they know you're a wet shaver...

Tom

Here it's the wolverines that do that:biggrin:

They actually kill reindeer and moose while weighing only 25-50 pounds:cool:

Used to work with them and they very special animals:001_smile

We have the normal badgers around the house, they are pretty harmless unless you corner them:wink:

We have the normal badgers around the house, they are pretty harmless unless you corner them:wink:

Reminds me of something a friend who's a Dwarf hamster expert told me.... "Hamsters are omnivores and would if they could, hunt and kill other animals and eat them....if they weren't so small...." yeah.. all I could imagine was 400 hundred Roborovski's attacking an elephant or such like LOL....

Surprising how much strength some animals have despite their small stature...

Tom

Yup, we got wolverines too. Gotta be the toughest mammal around.

I know that in Norway badgers like to go window shopping in town. :wink:

[YOUTUBE]nbbNTwWabKA[/YOUTUBE]

Yup, we got wolverines too. Gotta be the toughest mammal around.

I know that in Norway badgers like to go window shopping in town. :wink:

[YOUTUBE]nbbNTwWabKA[/YOUTUBE]

Brilliant video. That's just a few minutes drive from where I live:w00t:

We had 3 eating hazelnuts in the garden one night, their den is less than a 100 yards away. Our garden goes into a nature preserve :biggrin:

Sverre

PS! I'm a field zoologist

Question: What are you going to use to lather the shave cream/soap before you shave the badger? :biggrin:

I was wondering about the lathering process too! :lol:

I once heard on Animal Planet that badgers actually smell worse than skunks. This explains the complaints about the brushes stinking. :D

Brilliant video. That's just a few minutes drive from where I live:w00t:

We had 3 eating hazelnuts in the garden one night, their den is less than a 100 yards away. Our garden goes into a nature preserve :biggrin:

Sverre

PS! I'm a field zoologist

Awesome! :thumbup1:

What exactly do you do?

Do they shave them with a straight or electric? And do they use a human hair brush to work up the lather?

Question: What are you going to use to lather the shave cream/soap before you shave the badger? :biggrin:

As I think about it, I've never seen SiBurning and Anocer in the same place at the same time. Perhaps they share an identity?

The similarity of these posts makes me very suspicious. :detective:

I have several badger dens in my pasture. They are very interesting animals and generally go out of their way to avoid trouble. But if trouble finds them they usually come out the winner.

Badgers do leave some rather large holes in the countryside so most ranchers around here routinely kill them. However I prefer to have the occasional badger hole rather than a pasture covered in pocket gopher mounds, so I welcome my badgers.

As I think about it, I've never seen SiBurning and Anocer in the same place at the same time. Perhaps they share an identity?

The similarity of these posts makes me very suspicious. :detective:

I'm actually a colony of American badgers squatting on all the good avatars. And for your information, I am very suspicious. I even own a few <<shudder>> cut throat razors. :smile:

Well it looks like he was just lookin' for a drink. :001_smile I would not **** him off, as they are indeed very vicious. Hummm looks like I could get a nice silver tip brush out of that one!! :001_rolle

Reminds me of the old monologue: "I used to love to play strip poker with my cats . . . . But now those cowards run at the sound of an electric razor."

Also re hamsters that would be killers if they only had the size, some have explained the difference between cats and dogs being that if you suddenly became 2 inches tall your dog would "still be your dog." Whereas your cat would eat you.

Awesome! :thumbup1:

What exactly do you do?

We put tracking collars on domestic sheep in the mountain areas where there are wolverines (or other large predators). We can then find out when they die, who killed them (eagles, lynx and foxes kill them as well).

Farmers here get compensated for sheep killed by wolverines, bear, wolves, lynx and eagles, but not those killed by foxes or other animals they can hunt at will. So the state needs accurate assessments of the causes of death among the sheep in the area.

Involves a lot of hiking in the mountains and loads of autopsies of the sheep.

Been crawling into a few wolverine dens as well, try to avoid them being at home though:wink:

I do teach as well.

Sverre

Top Bottom