What's new

Do prolonged periods of stress cause your whiskers to harden up?

Do prolonged periods of stress cause your whiskers to harden up?

• Total voters
FWIW, I use Ach Brito Glyce for a glycerine soap, or Fitjar Islands Stubble Softener clay soap. They both give me consistently soft stubble for my shaves - perhaps the Fitjar soap is very slightly better but the Ach Brito is considerably cheaper and has a scent that I enjoy.

But I’m sure you can find loads of other glycerine and clay soaps that will work very well for removing oil from your stubble before shaving.

Thanks again for the recommendations.

Bulk Barn sells soap made by “The Soap Works”.

Maybe they could do the trick.

Mr. Shavington

Knows Hot Turkish Toilets
Thanks again for the recommendations.

Bulk Barn sells soap made by “The Soap Works”.

Maybe they could do the trick.
I’m afraid I have no expertise regarding soap ingredients, but hopefully they’d do the job. I must say the pine tar one appeals to me - I love that scent (like the roads are being resurfaced), but it’s not for everyone.

The thing is that people commonly use liquid soaps these days, or mild soaps, which are all designed to avoid drying the skin (i.e. they do not remove skin oils). This is nice, but the absolute worst thing for pre-shave preparation.

No but it affects your skin.

That change you noticed should probably be from the skin and not the hair.

I agree.
It's the impact on the skin which then leads to the hair feeling more coarse and the shave being less smooth and also less comfortable.

I experience this often and use pre shave oil during these times.

Going grey was a huge turning point in the texture of my hair.

My greatest leap forward in shaving, was using pre shave oils and creams. I want to try one of the Stirling pre-shave soaps in the shower. I have one on my list.

Going grey was a huge turning point in the texture of my hair.

My greatest leap forward in shaving, was using pre shave oils and creams. I want to try one of the Stirling pre-shave soaps in the shower. I have one on my list.
Yeah, turning gray really changed the shave routine and requirements for me, and one of the reasons why I ditched cartridges. However, I would rather find the proper blades to take care of the coarseness of the whiskers rather than having to increase the amount of product I need to buy and use and incur the additional time involved in utilizing them.

Top Bottom