What's new

Desktop Backgrounds... What's Yours?

Very nice B&W photo, Whitebar.

My desktop is 50% gray. This gray is often used for the walls of editing rooms and other places where color critical work is done. Easy on the eys, doesn't distract, but not very exciting when you email it to someone.

+1 I use the exact same photo. Gotta love Apple.

my desktop pix is from a very small town in North Kentucky...Pleasureville. My grandmother used to live there. A one horse town, ok maybe 1/2 horse.:lol:

Really? Gonna share it, or do we just visualize? :biggrin:

Mac66... thanks for showing us that you have a sense of humor... now go stand in the corner...
proxy.php

Haha. You, sir, are a clever one. I meant that this picture was of the lowest the sun set below the horizon while we were there. I would have to think about it to come up with the darkest (emotionally speaking) moment. Maybe I'll get back to you on that.

Are you serious about the razor? I'm gonna post a couple other pics in case I haven't won you over just yet. Did I mention, Bill, that the very thought of shaving with one of your eloquently designed, hand crafted miracles of a by-gone era makes me so excited that I physically shake? I'm just sayin' that if the degree of which we would want to win one of your razors plays into account here...:biggrin:

This is my little guy at the conclusion of one of his flag football games. Last fall was his first season, and he claims he's ready to put on some pads & a helmet....:wink:

Here are a couple more pics I have used as desktops. These are from the same trip to Alaska as the one I posted earlier. My professor took the one of the Marmot, and I took the one of the rainbow as it appeared below us. We had just hiked to this point about 3/4 of the way up to the summit. Both of these pictures were taken in Denali National Park

picture.php

picture.php

Honestly, outdoor pictures is all I've got...and I'm okay with that :biggrin:.

This would look a bit different, as I do not use Windows. This is Ubuntu linux 8.10 (a.k.a. Intrepid Ibex). The "Cube" is a graphical effect enabled on my laptop using Compiz...

Are you serious about the razor?
Absolutely. It won't be one of my $250 razors, and certainly not one of my $600 razors, but it will be a nicely restored razor that I would sell on my site for $100 - $150.

Sometimes, folks need incentive to have fun... :001_rolle :biggrin:

A friend of mine on another forum recently posted some pics of his dog. Although this is without doubt one of the most hideous creatures I've seen to date, there does seem to be a loveable quality about him. Every time I walk into the den and see his picture I say, "Damn! That's an ugly dog!" but he really has grown on me.

proxy.php

Last edited:
Top Bottom