What's new

Desktop Backgrounds... What's Yours?

proxy.php

I've had this Hirschfeld Elvis for awhile.
It looks good centered against the Mac blue background. Plus I can keep track of all my cluttered desktop files against the blue.

Picture taken by Benny.

From left to right: Bubba, Me, Ruth & Reegan, and our mentally handicapped child Mo Mo.

It was midnight, day3 of a 4 day river rafting trip through Wrangell St. Elias National Park in Alaska. We hadn't seen a road, power line, house, or even another soul for three days. Nearing the end of a two week tour of Denali and Wrangell, the group took a chance to build a small fire and enjoy the darkest moment of our trip so far.

This was a class I took in the summer of 2007...that's right, this was a college class! RECR 4830 - Sustainable Tourism and Alaska's National Parks. Anyone want to change their major to recreation?

Makes for a great desktop!

picture.php

There are some pretty cool ones so far. I think I'm going to give a restored straight razor to the person who submits the desktop image I like the best.

I can safely say it won't be post #9. You can submit up to three entries to win. Preferably, make them without your shortcuts showing. Any pic not 700 pixels wide will be eliminated, no matter how much I like it. If you are not interested in the razor, that's ok too, and just submit whatever the heck you want because they are still cool to look at.

Winner to be announced three days after no more additions have been made to the thread or on May 1st, whichever comes first.

There are some pretty cool ones so far. I think I'm going to give a restored straight razor to the person who submits the desktop image I like the best.

I can safely say it won't be post #9. You can submit up to three entries to win. Preferably, make them without your shortcuts showing. Any pic not 700 pixels wide will be eliminated, no matter how much I like it. If you are not interested in the razor, that's ok too, and just submit whatever the heck you want because they are still cool to look at.

Winner to be announced three days after no more additions have been made to the thread or on May 1st, whichever comes first.

Then feast your eyes on the winning entry. :lol:

It was midnight, day3 of a 4 day river rafting trip through Wrangell St. Elias National Park in Alaska. We hadn't seen a road, power line, house, or even another soul for three days. Nearing the end of a two week tour of Denali and Wrangell, the group took a chance to build a small fire and enjoy the darkest moment of our trip so far.

This was a class I took in the summer of 2007...that's right, this was a college class! RECR 4830 - Sustainable Tourism and Alaska's National Parks. Anyone want to change their major to recreation?

Makes for a great desktop!

picture.php
Really? Gonna share it, or do we just visualize? :biggrin:

Mac66... thanks for showing us that you have a sense of humor... now go stand in the corner...
proxy.php

Are you a wild land firefighter, or did you just happen to have one that was out there? I'm curious because I'm toying with the idea of doing that (wild land) after my year where I am now.

Yes, I've been doing doing wildland fire for 10 years now I got into it right out of college.

My desktop shot, I took this early morning in July 2008, in the back roads of Tuscany...I was riding my bicycle on the route of the Monte Paschi Eroica bike race and it was simply spectacular:
proxy.php

My laptop pic is my kids on the Campo in Siena, same trip, prior to the Pallio being run, we set up shop on the finishing corner and stayed all day, well at least me and my brother in laws did:
proxy.php

Very nice B&W photo, Whitebar.

My desktop is 50% gray. This gray is often used for the walls of editing rooms and other places where color critical work is done. Easy on the eys, doesn't distract, but not very exciting when you email it to someone.

was out fishing today.... took a few pics, came home downloaded the pics and changed my desktop.. made to be...:lol:

Top Bottom