What's new

Deodorant / Antiperspirant for Sensitive and Irritated pits???

I sorry for the issue you had but I would look into making your own with no essential oils. You may need to wear nothing for a period of time or look into hunting scent control products. I know many don't even think about this. Hunting utilize some of the best scent control systems since they have to neutralize the scent at the most extreme level most of the time they use activated charcoal and other products.

I was a fat bastard for a period of time. Still a fat bastard but not as fat. When your really fat smell control is really important since you have skin in all the wrong places with sweat and such. You research. Also, I got burned as well with antiperspirants like a chemical burn.

Key things to look for
Activated charcoal
Baking soda
Honey
Witch hazel
Arrowroot powder

Actually I’m doing ok with the witch-hazel and crystal deodorant. I just need to reapply several times a day.

In the past I found Piperwai worked well, but shipping was expensive to Japan.

I just commented because I didn’t personally have good success with the IB best deodorant in the world. In fact, my armpits were never sensitive before I used that one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

E1308C29-066A-488B-8F83-D10691337BBD.jpeg
Crystal works well.

Personally I don't use one at all as I've never needed it but I have seen my dad's generation use baby powder. Seems to keep the pits dry and doesn't irritate as much. YMMV of course.

I have used that same crystal..its ok..not great...but ok. Toms is MURDER. It does the exact same thing as Brut deodorant. I have found that Clubman Supreme deodorant works very well and does NOT irritate my skin at all. Plus it smells great!

Alright folks, I'm coming to the best source I have. I need yer help.

My problem: It seems everything I try to use ends up causing my pits to be super irritated, think serious diaper rash or the worst razor burn in history.

My attempts so far: Crystal; tried that for a couple years, and it works for the most part. It worked well for a long time, but I can't say it saved me from stinkypit. Toms for Men; tried for about a week and was no help whatsoever. Now, if I try it, my pits are burning like a fresh splash of clubman after a dry shave. Shaving the pits, then attempting the above 2 options; better, but not good by a long stretch. Going without; doesn't work, for obvious reasons.

I'm left at this point to shave the pits, then use a Gold Bond anti-chafing stick, then a spritz of the general area with some scented deodorant to ease the stink. I don't use much of the spray on, and I don't spray directly on the pits. I'm at a loss, and I figure the B&B crew knows more about being hygienic than most other internet forums.

Thoughts or suggestions?

I have used dove men care sensitive shield lately. Have not experienced any irritation, burning or discomfort with this stick. I enjoy it, goes on smooth and has a mild woody scent. I recommend. Also if you can find some Everyman Jack products, they are similar to dove men care. Currently I use the Dove sensitive Shield and two Everyman Jack sticks. No skin problems with any of them.

Don't apply antiperspirant after you shower or when the skin is wet. Some aluminum/chlorine compounds will combine with water and form a mild, but irritating, hydrochloric acid solution.
Pick up some body glide or goldbond friction defence. Use only this for a week. You will stink, but your skin will heal and detoxify a bit. After that, use antiperspirant right before you go to sleep. It's most effective when it can soak in and during sleep your sweat glands are least active. Doing this makes it last a lot longer and you can go 2-3+ days between applications.

I read recently that straight baking soda worked wonders. I didn't believe it until I tried it.

I know baking soda gets a lot of flack here for this but I recommend you try it, even for just a weekend.

The technique described for it is to dip your wet index finger and middle finger into baking soda and rub the underarm area adding a bit of water to dilute and emulsify. That's it.

When I tried this for myself I found it worked excellently and even better than commercial deodorants. I had no BO whatsoever even after a day of working outside and getting very sweaty.

One could also buy a spray bottle and make a solution of baking soda and water and just spray it on (reduces any irritation from rubbing the undiluted powder before dilution with water).

I have a bit of Old Spice deodorant (my go to) left but when it's finished I'll be going back to the baking soda and water.

Chris

I read recently that straight baking soda worked wonders. I didn't believe it until I tried it.

I know baking soda gets a lot of flack here for this but I recommend you try it, even for just a weekend.

The technique described for it is to dip your wet index finger and middle finger into baking soda and rub the underarm area adding a bit of water to dilute and emulsify. That's it.

When I tried this for myself I found it worked excellently and even better than commercial deodorants. I had no BO whatsoever even after a day of working outside and getting very sweaty.

One could also buy a spray bottle and make a solution of baking soda and water and just spray it on (reduces any irritation from rubbing the undiluted powder before dilution with water).

I have a bit of Old Spice deodorant (my go to) left but when it's finished I'll be going back to the baking soda and water.

Chris

Why do you think people put boxes of it in their refrigerators. :)
I would have never thought to use it as a body deodorant though.

Have you tried spray antiperspirants? I have the same issue, though not as bad, and when it acts up I only use old spice spray, the big a** can not those wimpy things that are smaller than my forearm, those ones never work as well. I've used a couple dry sprays and get good results,

Wow, that bring back some memories...I used everything I could use as a deodorant/antitranspirant and still have a nasty rash on the skin...till one day out of desperation I just spray my bk black lotion and Eureka!

I used the Crystal for like 2 years with no issues, suddenly pits are red and inflamed, Dermatologist says it is a yeast infection, but going on 3 weeks applying the cream she prescribed with no cessation.......Thoughts???

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
I used the Crystal for like 2 years with no issues, suddenly pits are red and inflamed, Dermatologist says it is a yeast infection, but going on 3 weeks applying the cream she prescribed with no cessation.......Thoughts???
I had the same exact problem. Had some irritation, switched to crystal. Worked well for a couple of years, until it didn’t. Then worst pit irritation ever. Went to derm. Gave me cream. Fixed it for a while, then back again. Over and over a few times. Finally derm recommended Native Sensitive deodorant. So I went with nothing until the irritation cleared up. Then started using the Native. It’s been a couple of years now, and the issues have mostly gone away. I will tend to use it when I have to deal with people. Then stop using it if I’m working from home, or just hanging around. When I start to feel the onset of any irritation, I simple lay off for a few days. I don’t seem to smell much any more since I started this routine. It’s almost as if one application lasts for a few days, showering or not in between. Can’t explain it. But hopefully this keeps working and doesn’t suddenly start messing me up like th crystal did. Native Sensitive. Try it out.

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
I forgot to mention that soap choice is as important. I make sure to use an all natural artisan soap with either no scent, or an extremely mild scent. That seems to have helped a lot.

Top Bottom