What's new

Delta Spaccanapoli

Delta went out of business a few years ago. Well, they're back! They are owned by one of the original owners and are in the same factory. They have upgraded their equipment, I understand. Anyway, one of their new limited time releases is the Spaccanapoli. They are machined from a solid bar of resin instead of cast or poured. They have a #6 Jowo steel nib and are a little thicker than average on the grip section. it is a very comfortable pen to use and there are no ridges or anything to wear on your finger.

1715611389345.png

1715611428958.png

1715611486703.png

It posts nicely. On the cap are engraved Spaccanaploi (name of pen), The color: Doria Angri, and the serial number (the pens are a numbered edition).

It writes just as smoothly as you would imagine. While there are other colors, I was taken with this orange (Doria Angri) and it is translucent. It was a happy find.

I should have added that the price was surprisingly reasonable for an Italian luxury brand pen with this much work done to make the pen.

That's a nice looking pen, and a beautiful color. Is this your first Delta? If not, how does the new production compare with the old?
This is my first Delta and my first Italian fountain pen. I always gravitate towards Japanese or German pens. I will say that the fit and finish are very good and the nib and feed are just what I expect from a good Jowo #6.

The pen is interesting. It isn't solid. It is kind of translucent, some spots more than others. I have black ink in mine and thought at first the pen was stained upon filling. Then, I realized what was going on. Just to make certain, I stuck the back of a blue Lamy Safari in the cap and I could easily see it. Hmmm. I wonder if there is an orange water proof ink out there?

Top Bottom