What's new

Decoding RazoRock scents - clones identified?

Has anyone bothered to compile a guide to RazoRock scents?

IIRC, RazoRock makes some excellent, yet inexpensive products and their marketing strategy is making “homage scents”, just like Stirling does.

AFAIK, their #1 selling product/scent the XXX is the clone of AdP and the "Irish Countryside" is the Creed GIT clone, but what about the rest of it?

I’d love to give a shot to some of their soaps and AS, but my problem is IDK what those scents stand for.

Anyone…?

I have found RR lathers to be okay in quality, but lackluster when compared to something like Stirling. So if I wanted to go the homage route, I'd go Stirling.

I haven't been able to resist some different sales, and so I do have several tubs of RR soap. But they have sat unused for a couple of years. There are just too many better soaps.

Disclaimer: I like wet, creamy lathers and I mix them up in a bowl and they are gorgeous. however, if you are a face latherer or have a different process, then it's possible that RR may fit you better than it does me.

Sent from my moto g stylus using Tapatalk

I have found RR lathers to be okay in quality, but lackluster when compared to something like Stirling. So if I wanted to go the homage route, I'd go Stirling.

I haven't been able to resist some different sales, and so I do have several tubs of RR soap. But they have sat unused for a couple of years. There are just too many better soaps.

Disclaimer: I like wet, creamy lathers and I mix them up in a bowl and they are gorgeous. however, if you are a face latherer or have a different process, then it's possible that RR may fit you better than it does me.

While I appreciate your comments on your perceived performance of their soaps, it's not the point of my question.

I would like to understand their fragrances/scents.

XXX - Aqua di Parma
Irish Countryside - Green Irish Tweed (Creed)
Emperor - Aventus (Creed)
Blue Barbershop - Floid Blue
The Stalion - AdP Oud
Nomad - Zizonia (Penhaligons)
Tuscan Oud - Tom Ford tobacco oud / Alt Innsbruck EdC
Acqua - Cool Water (Davidoff)
Thank you beyond words!!

Now I know what to get next 😃

Joe does a nice job of classic clone copies, as well as some unique scents.
For the two clones that I have, I wonder if he actually uses authentic colognes for scent components!

rr clones.jpg

Clone scents

Santa Maria del Fiore - Santa Maria Novella Tobacco Tuscano
Son of Zeus - Hermes Terre d'Hermes
Gold - Paco Rabane One Million
Mudderfocker - Boellis Panama
Chicago - L'Eau d'Issey Pour Homme
RazoRock X = AdP Fico di Amalfi
RazoRock XX = AdP Mirto di Panarea
RazoRock XXX = AdP Colonia

Gold Label - AdP Colonia
Black Label - YSL Rive Gauche
Blue Label - Floid Blue
Green Label - Axe (?!) :laugh:

Rebranded

Zi' Peppino - TFS Tobaco Verde
Don Marco - TFS Bergamot Neroli

Unique

The Dead Sea - Lemon, rosemary, saffron, cannabis oil
Saturnia - Mediterranean herbs, mineral water salts
Black Bay - Laurel bay leaf, without cloves
Puros - Tobacco leaf, like a cigar store humidor

Clone scents

Santa Maria del Fiore - Santa Maria Novella Tobacco Tuscano
Son of Zeus - Hermes Terre d'Hermes
Gold - Paco Rabane One Million
Mudderfocker - Boellis Panama
Chicago - L'Eau d'Issey Pour Homme
RazoRock X = AdP Fico di Amalfi
RazoRock XX = AdP Mirto di Panarea
RazoRock XXX = AdP Colonia

Gold Label - AdP Colonia
Black Label - YSL Rive Gauche
Blue Label - Floid Blue
Green Label - Axe (?!) :laugh:

Rebranded

Zi' Peppino - TFS Tobaco Verde
Don Marco - TFS Bergamot Neroli

Unique

The Dead Sea - Lemon, rosemary, saffron, cannabis oil
Saturnia - Mediterranean herbs, mineral water salts
Black Bay - Laurel bay leaf, without cloves
Puros - Tobacco leaf, like a cigar store humidor
Thank you so much!

While I appreciate your comments on your perceived performance of their soaps, it's not the point of my question.

I would like to understand their fragrances/scents.
I totally understand and don't mean to dissuade you if this brand of soaps is a favorite of yours. It's just that occasionally we get a new person who takes advice from one other person (instead of taking a broader number of opinions into consideration) and starts to collect a certain brand and they just don't know any better.

Project Unlabeled: 1881 Men by Cerruti
American Barber: YSL Rive Gauche
Razorock Classic: Cella
Razorock New York: Polo Sport? (Seems to have the same scent profile of the Green Label.)

Last edited:
My favorites are Tuscan Oud and Dead Sea.
Tuscan Oud is very long lasting and just four drops lasts all day for me and I don't need any cologne or EdP that day.
Dead Sea is just a unique wonderful scent. The saffron in there puts it at another level compared to just about everything else.
Son of Zeus is also very nice but doesn't last as long as Tuscan Oud.

I totally understand and don't mean to dissuade you if this brand of soaps is a favorite of yours. It's just that occasionally we get a new person who takes advice from one other person (instead of taking a broader number of opinions into consideration) and starts to collect a certain brand and they just don't know any better.

I appreciate it, tnx.

It's not my favorite brand, I guess that would've been obvious... Had it been, I wouldn't have asked about it in the first place lol 😂

I'd like to try it, as many ppl praise the brand, it's European (Italy), I love Italian products "by default", be it cosmetics, food, coffee, clothing...

And so I wanted to understand RR scent profiles, in terms of cloning.

I know this is slightly outside the point of the thread, but the issue has been raised......as far as performance of RR soaps go, it is a good idea to keep in mind that they have a bunch of different soap bases and that they aren't all the same, not even all made by the same soapers. So, IMO, some of them are considerably better than others (performance-wise). Sometimes I think people who trash RR soaps have tried some of the soap bases that aren't that good and then generalize that experience to the entire line, which isn't really fair.

As far as scents are concerned, I thought XX was nice, and I really like their Boellis Panama homage, Mudderfocker (although I dislike the name).

I know this is slightly outside the point of the thread, but the issue has been raised......as far as performance of RR soaps go, it is a good idea to keep in mind that they have a bunch of different soap bases and that they aren't all the same, not even all made by the same soapers. So, IMO, some of them are considerably better than others (performance-wise). Sometimes I think people who trash RR soaps have tried some of the soap bases that aren't that good and then generalize that experience to the entire line, which isn't really fair.

As far as scents are concerned, I thought XX was nice, and I really like their Boellis Panama homage, Mudderfocker (although I dislike the name).
Thanks, this is useful info.

I'm particularly interested in RazoRock Aqua. Can you comment on the performance of Aqua, pls?

Also, interested in Puros and XXX performance wise.

Tnx a million! 😀

this is a great list actually and really helpful, what about CK1 do they have anything that smells like that? and I know that the American Barber smells like YSL Rive Gauche

Top Bottom