What's new

December Tabula Gratulatoria

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Celestino. Great pic today, and you use my favorite blades haha. Great photos from all, there are some really talented photographers here on B&B!

Thanks Ravi & celestino for the comments yesterday.

I need to find some time soon to actually start looking more through the SOTD pictures. I'm missing out on a lot of great shots.

Soren, I guess we can classify a ridiculously large brush to be a misfit, but either way, thanks for sharing this marvelous SOTD!

* Soren, great shot and, boy, is that a monster of a brush!

Good day everyone!
Soren - very elegant shot! your razor looks like a nail file next to that giant brush!

Thank you very much gentlemen.
And you are right about its size, it is really big - and I thought the Semogue 2009 LE was large :biggrin1:

This has to be one of the most fortunate "misfits" I could have the pleasure of owning. I bought this Filarmonica DT14 as NOS. When it arrived, I was thrilled that it was all it promised to be. It was my first Filarmonica. I sent it off to a very reputable person for honing. He immediately contacted me and told me he'd never seen a DT quite like it. The tang is not stamped, which was evidently common on the older Filarmonica's, but it was the very hollow ground of the earlier DT series. Max Sprecher made the same observation when I showed it to him. Regardless, it is an amazing shaver, and it will never be leaving my island, at least not until I do!

The Filarmonica was paired with a new product for me - Monsavon soap. This mythical French soap is very hard to come by here on this side of the pond. Due to the amazing generosity of a forum member, I was PIF'd a brand new tub. It is a nearly scentless tallowate soap. It performed brilliantly! The soap and razor made sure that I was CBS in 2 passes! I'm ready for my day, are you ready for yours?

proxy.php

Thats a really nice picture Bill.

That Monsavon soap is one I've been trying to get my hands on for a while. I found a few places that would ship it to Ireland but the shipping cost always made it prohibitive. Nice PIF you were on the end of.

Thank you, Keith. I have to admit, I was pretty pleased with this SOTD. Might be one of my favorites I've taken lately! The Monsavon was nice. I need to spend a little time getting to know it, but it seems like a decent soap. I do think it's attained a bit of a status simply because it is so difficult to obtain, but t's not so "special" that you can't get the same performance elsewhere. That said, I am very thankful for and pleased with the PIF!

Yeah, thats pretty much what I've heard about its performance Bill. It's really cheap in France - something like $2.50 I've heard.

proxy.php

Mystic Water Adirondack Jack - Rooney 1XL - Weber (one shim) - Med Prep - Gentlemens Refinery AS - Frederic Malle Bigarade Concentree edp

Today, a luxurious shave!

proxy.php

GFT Skinfood Sandalwood + GFT Coconut shaving cream + Kent BK8 Silvertip + Gillete Super Adjustable with Gillette Platinum

Yeah, shaving with warm lather is always a really pleasure... and with this superb cream + the "big brother" brush simply orgasmic!

Cheers!

Preshave: Musgo Real Glyce Lime Soap
Brush: Semogue Owners Club Boar
Cream: KMF Lavender
Razor: Schick Adjustable
Blade: Chinese Schick (4)

PC030035 by itsmedavetn, on Flickr

4 December 2012

proxy.php

Soap- Aged XXX (No burn)
Brush- B&B "Essential" Boar
Blade- Polsilver SI (3)
Razor- Weber Polished Bulldog
AS- Speick
EdT- Encre Noire

Tuesday's shave

Geo F. Trumper Violet - Da Vinci Silvertip - Edwin Jagger Barley & Astra SP - Geoffrey Beene Grey Flannel
proxy.php

Have a fantastic day, Gentlemen :001_smile

4 DECEMBER 2012

* Gillette Single Ring
* Super Iridiums
* Frank Shaving synthetic 24/48mm
* Mystic Water Bay Rum
* Thayers
* Unrefined Shea Butter

View attachment 290335

Shave of the Day (SOTD) Tech Tuesday December 4, 2012
proxy.php

• Prep: Brush soaking in hot water, face washed with Neutrogena Healthy Skin Anti-Wrinkle Anti-Blemish Cleanser, luke warm shower
• Razor: Gillette Fat Handle Tech
• Blade: Personna Med Prep
• Brush: Semogue 820 Boar
• Soap: English Fine Shaving Tallow Soap
• AS: British Sterling

The Tech/Med Prep combo provided an effortless and smooth shave. Three passes with some light buffing and I have close to a BBS.

Although I have been on a menthol kick I do not like adding menthol to one of my favorite aftershaves. I find everything about British Sterling to be perfect.

Gentlemen, I am floored with the wonderful pictures!

* Ravi, boy, your photos of the Cobra are very lovely!

* noahpictures, wow, that is a lovely handle!!

* sigit666, what a large blade!

* Soren, lovely colours! Did you forget where you put the car keys? Hee hee.

* Bill, magnificent shot! Wow!

* Matt, i love that DLC! Hee hee!

* Sir_Eider, very nice!

* Dave, great to see you posting pictures!

* Justin, i see you have become a Weber-only man! Hee hee.

* Aia, another masterpiece! Just beautiful, my friend!!

* Arley, lovely!

* Kamamuri, nice shot!

Last edited:
Tuesday

Bukhave Scuttle ¤ ItalianBarber 2012 LE by Semogue ¤ 13/16" Belbo
Proraso Shaving Soap ¤ Proraso Shaving Cream ¤ Proraso Liquid Cream After Shave ¤ Ferrari Red EDT

Sorry gentlemen, but there's no misfit in today's gear - only misfit is, I can't get out on my motorbike until March.

Have a nice day, Gentlemen :001_smile

proxy.php

:001_wub: I LOVE THIS PIC!!! :001_wub:
Today I have ordered the same brush.
I hope it arrives soon.

This has to be one of the most fortunate "misfits" I could have the pleasure of owning. I bought this Filarmonica DT14 as NOS. When it arrived, I was thrilled that it was all it promised to be. It was my first Filarmonica. I sent it off to a very reputable person for honing. He immediately contacted me and told me he'd never seen a DT quite like it. The tang is not stamped, which was evidently common on the older Filarmonica's, but it was the very hollow ground of the earlier DT series. Max Sprecher made the same observation when I showed it to him. Regardless, it is an amazing shaver, and it will never be leaving my island, at least not until I do!

The Filarmonica was paired with a new product for me - Monsavon soap. This mythical French soap is very hard to come by here on this side of the pond. Due to the amazing generosity of a forum member, I was PIF'd a brand new tub. It is a nearly scentless tallowate soap. It performed brilliantly! The soap and razor made sure that I was CBS in 2 passes! I'm ready for my day, are you ready for yours?

proxy.php

proxy.php

Mystic Water Adirondack Jack - Rooney 1XL - Weber (one shim) - Med Prep - Gentlemens Refinery AS - Frederic Malle Bigarade Concentree edp

4 DECEMBER 2012

* Gillette Single Ring
* Super Iridiums
* Mystic Water Bay Rum
* Thayers
* Unrefined Shea Butter

View attachment 290335

Shave of the Day (SOTD) Tech Tuesday December 4, 2012
proxy.php

• Prep: Brush soaking in hot water, face washed with Neutrogena Healthy Skin Anti-Wrinkle Anti-Blemish Cleanser, luke warm shower
• Razor: Gillette Fat Handle Tech
• Blade: Personna Med Prep
• Brush: Semogue 820 Boar
• Soap: English Fine Shaving Tallow Soap
• AS: British Sterling

The Tech/Med Prep combo provided an effortless and smooth shave. Three passes with some light buffing and I have close to a BBS.

Although I have been on a menthol kick I do not like adding menthol to one of my favorite aftershaves. I find everything about British Sterling to be perfect.

I love it! :thumbup: Fantastic shots!

Celestino - that Razor is exactly what I had been looking for since I started wetshaving. It let me get rid of almost all my other razors.

Thanks celestino! Your photo is very nice as well! I'm looking forward to photos of your newest acquisitions!
4 DECEMBER 2012

* Gillette Single Ring
* Super Iridiums
* Mystic Water Bay Rum
* Thayers
* Unrefined Shea Butter

View attachment 290335

celestino ... I was looking closely at your photo again this evening ... I didn't realize you were growing Super Iridium shrubs in your backyard!

Thank you.
Depending of what you think is soon - I waited for 3 weeks before it showed up.
Oh yes by the way; the brush is really great :wink:

Fantastic! Thanks Soren!
I think, thanks to the Christmas stress, it can be even longer than three weeks.
But ok, I can wait. The longer I look at your picture, the more I like the brush :thumbup1:
Really very nice!

this morning,
a big vulfix 2236,
tabac stick and a futur set 4 first pass and 2 the last(merkur blade).
after shave a brazilian product from bozzano splash($ 3,0), of course.$IMG_0822[1].jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom