What's new

Decants Here- Initial Impressions(H Rouge, Santal Noble, Ambre Precioux, Body Kouros)

1 day later:

Wore Ambre Precieux to work today. Very work safe and smooth scent. Really like this one. I can see how some might be turned off by the powder (my wife doesn't like that part of it).

Santal Noble tonight. AWESOME. I like it more the more I put this on. This is what a real fragrance smells like!

I am thinking I will end up getting sick of the sweetness of Body Kouros after a while. Plus it did not have much longevity when I wore it yesterday.

MPG is a winner! Will prob hold off on full bottles though. Will enjoy these decants for a while.

+1...The good news is the MPG isn't as pricey as some of your other favs...

Thanks, Schad. Interesting comments on these. I too found Habit Rouge to have the ever-objective "old man" effect, but for me Santal Noble was just as bad. Hated the powdery Ambre Precioux, which to me has the even worse dreaded "old woman" effect. I've just gotten a sample of Body Kouros and haven't yet given it a full wearing. A light spray on my skin sparked an odd scent memory, and I look forward to exploring it some more.

Thanks, Schad. Interesting comments on these. I too found Habit Rouge to have the ever-objective "old man" effect, but for me Santal Noble was just as bad. Hated the powdery Ambre Precioux, which to me has the even worse dreaded "old woman" effect. I've just gotten a sample of Body Kouros and haven't yet given it a full wearing. A light spray on my skin sparked an odd scent memory, and I look forward to exploring it some more.

HR too "mature" for sure.
Santal Noble is an interesting one. When I wore it last night at first I loved it. Then later I thought I smelled like an indian restaurant and didn't like it at all. I'm not sure what I think of that one now.
I really like Ambre Precieux but I'm a fan of the powdery scent. I used to like Lanvin Arpege for men, and for those who have smelled it it's very powdery IMO. My wife agrees w/ you that it's too powdery.
Body Kouros -- a lot of reviews say it's a sexy night scent. I already have Back to Black by Kilian, which to me is the ULTIMATE sexy night scent. Body Kouros is definitely unique but I can see getting sick of it fast.

It's interesting how people make connections with scent memory. For some reason Dior Homme and Chanel Egoiste smell a little dated to me -- because I think I smelled them 10+ years ago (maybe not that old but something similar to each since I think DH might not even be that old) and I think of that older day than it being a current frag. Still love the Egoiste.

It's like Obsession for men. I could never wear it. EVERYONE wore it in high school / college years for me (cant remember if it was HS or college). It is the Le Male of my youth so if I smell it it is a negative dated frag. My dad bought me A*Men when I was practically a kid when it first came out. So to me it's an old scent. But other older scents in years are new to ME, so I don't have this dated scent memory thing.

....It's interesting how people make connections with scent memory...........so to me it's an old scent. But other older scents in years are new to ME, so I don't have this dated scent memory thing.

I've experienced this a lot. I wasn't exposed to very many scents when I was young, so most of them have been new to me in the last couple of years. But Aramis and Polo (green) are two that I wore in high school, so they immediately take me back to that time. They are still great scents, but I just don't want to wear something that feels dated in this personal way to me. But other scents that are similarly dated for others are "new" to me.

Top Bottom