What's new

Dark Holler Design Works preview

After a very long day at work, I got home to a surprise. My pk-47 was there waiting for me.

I can't wait to try it tomorrow morning.

Although I am not normally very vocal and tend to follow along in true lurker fashion.... I just have to post that it pleases me greatly to read this!

You sir can move to the front of the line. I'm thinking there are a whole lot of jealous people here, especially those of the bloviating type. Congratulations! that is one unique and beautiful brush.
Thanks but all credit goes to Ken, Cody & Lee. This ebonite really is fantastic brush handle material. It feels great & looks amazing. We should be seeing a couple more (red & blue) from other members in the near future.

Although I am not normally very vocal and tend to follow along in true lurker fashion.... I just have to post that it pleases me greatly to read this!

Thank you MrSmith. I always knew it would get here eventually. I guess all along I just needed to stop obsessing over the Post Office and it would show up :lol:

BTW, a little update. This morning's shave was a great one. The has really soft tips, but still has enough "backbone" to handle hard soaps just fine. When I rinsed it off the tips look a little "translucent", for lack of a better term, and sticky. When I got home from work it rubbed the dry brush against my face and it was a little "crusty".

I have no idea what any of that means, other than it's different than any other brush I have. The first use was great, and I can only imagine it getting better as I figure out exactly the best way to use it.

Ken, thanks again for designing a great brush!!!

I just spent the past hour on this thread. I really really want one of these brushes, but still not clear how to order, or get on a waiting list. Any advice for this high end brush newbie would be most appreciated. An email? PM?

I just spent the past hour on this thread. I really really want one of these brushes, but still not clear how to order, or get on a waiting list. Any advice for this high end brush newbie would be most appreciated. An email? PM?
The Paladin brush is made by Dark Holler Design. Ken (aka ChiefBroom) is the owner. Emailing or PMing Ken to find out more & get on the waiting list. In the meantime, visit the Dark Holler vendor thread to learn more about the brushes.

Ken has a lot of stuff on the go, even outside of this project. Right now he is on a business trip not related to the brushes.

It might take him a while to reply but my experience is he does reply eventually. Just give him a bit of time.

He's a really nice guy. I'm sure he isn't ignoring you guys.

ChiefBroom

No tattoo mistakes!
•••••••♢♢♢♢••••••••
Same here ...email and PM

I have a PM from you sent on 2/23, i.e., 4 days ago. I haven't found an email, please resend it.

I had thought I was caught up to 2/23, but apparently overlooked mastershake's email, which I did find. Apologies.

I was largely incapacitated with a sinus infection (which I still haven't entirely cleared) all of last week. What capacity I had was mainly spent tracking down about 20 errant USPS packages containing first-batch brushes. This week has been consumed for the most part by other commitments. I'm posting this from a hotel in Chicago. I do my best to respond to emails in the order I receive them. Fast replies are often not possible. As much as I'd like to do better, 3-4 days isn't out of the ordinary. I did much worse in January.

We don't have completed brushes on hand to sell right now. For anyone interested, best is to send me an email simply requesting to be included on our list. We'll use that to provide periodic updates. We plan to have a website up within a few months, but I won't go live with that until we're in a better position to be responsive to demand than we presently are.

Where things stand right now is that we have a bunch more Chiefs and PK-47s turned (from a variety of materials), finished, and ready to be engraved (as soon as we finally decide what we want to put on them). I expect we'll ship those (or at least a good number of them) to England within the next 2-3 weeks. Then we'll have to wait for Lee to install the knots and send the brushes back to us. We aren't going to issue an invoice or accept payment for any brush until we have that brush in hand and ready to ship. There isn't much else I can offer right now. I will respond to every PM and email. If you haven't received one within a week or so, by all means, drop another to make sure yours didn't get buried of lost. Regrettably, that sometimes happens. But FWIW, posts to the boards aren't my preferred method of being pinged.

We greatly appreciate all of the interest as well as everyone's patience.

I hope you feel better soon Ken. Don't stress about the emails and PMs.

The only thing that cleared up my sinus infection last year was the Neilmed Sinus rinse. Get better soon!

Where things stand right now is that we have a bunch more Chiefs and PK-47s turned (from a variety of materials), finished, and ready to be engraved (as soon as we finally decide what we want to put on them.

Can't wait to see what materials you've turned and the new engraved branding! I know I've got a comp inbound (which is blowing my mind!) but I'm sure I'll still be ordering a brush as well. Following this thread with much excitement!

Can't wait to see what materials you've turned and the new engraved branding! I know I've got a comp inbound (which is blowing my mind!) but I'm sure I'll still be ordering a brush as well. Following this thread with much excitement!

It will be interesting to see what they come up with the Engraving...If Ken and Cody are involved, it will be top notch.

Very excited as well.

Used my Ivory Chief for the first time. It had a bit of funk so I gave it a palm lather and then the real thing. The tips were gooey when wet, and crusty when dry. The lather from the Scottish Fine Soap exploded- unexpectedly. I generally don't get great lather from this soap.
Thanks Ken, Cody and Lee for the great product. Did I hear someone say black ebonite?

$Palladin first lather2.jpg

Top Bottom