What's new

Creed REL vs. Knize Ten...HELP!

Any thoughts or experiences anyone might have with each or both, would be greatly appreciated.

Between the Creed and the Knize, my vote is for the Creed, since (a) I quite like it, and (b) Knize Ten makes me gag somewhat. T&H Spanish Leather was reformulated a few years back, and became much less interesting, as you've discovered. It was all part of T&H's push to become mainstream, which is unfortunate. Prior to the reformulation, it was closer in spirit to Trumper Spanish Leather, which remains its original self, and is a classic in its own right. I'd probably still go with the Creed, but Trumper is nothing to be ignored, either, especially if you like old-timey scents. (That is perhaps a nice way of saying that some people find it to smell a bit old-mannish.) The Trumper is also more affordable than the Creed.

As far as leather scnets go, the best ones I've tried were Helmut Lang's Cuiron and Tom Ford's Tuscan Leather, though there are several more I'm waiting to try. Cuiron is a brilliant mix of suede, leather and plums.

I prefered K10 to REL because the mandarin note in REL could be offputting at times and the base was far too powdery. In all honestly since I moved to an area that rarely gets below 50* I haven't worn either and swapped away my bottle of K10. I loved wearing it on frozen winter days though, it seemed perfect.

If you haven't already, get some Pinaud Clubman Special Reserve- an excellent leather fragrance! Smells nothing like Clubman by the way- it reminds me of REL.

Last edited:
I used to wear REL and it is very good. I get fine leather with a pleasant citrus top note. It is very potent, however, and a couple of sprays will do.

Last edited:
As far as leather scnets go, the best ones I've tried were Helmut Lang's Cuiron and Tom Ford's Tuscan Leather, though there are several more I'm waiting to try. Cuiron is a brilliant mix of suede, leather and plums.

I prefered K10 to REL because the mandarin note in REL could be offputting at times and the base was far too powdery. In all honestly since I moved to an area that rarely gets below 50* I haven't worn either and swapped away my bottle of K10. I loved wearing it on frozen winter days though, it seemed perfect.

REL can be off putting if it is too warm or humid out. Seems that then it becomes cloyingly sweet.

Cuiron is good juice! Too bad it is a challenge to find.

Top Bottom