What's new

Cracked and Torn Lips

It got better for a few days then dried out again and the cut re-ripped open. I'm still using OTC stuff. I'll look into Carmex, if it doesn't clear up in another few days. I'm off to the doctor. :frown:

Thanks again for the tips.

carmex is good stuff,beats blistex any day.get the small jar version,it is thicker than the squeeze tube and i think better.are you taking zinc supplements?too much zinc will make your lips split/crack but you will also have an odd metallic taste to your lips.had a gf verify this.

I've been using a lot of blistex lately and it has been cleared up for a few days now. I hope it doesn't come back. :clover:

Thanks everyone for your tips and concern.

That is true. Many people lick their lips thinking it will moisturize them when in fact, it dries their lips out.

The ladies always commented on how soft my lips were as if as a guy, it were unexpected. For me, I've noticed that if I'm dehydrated, dry lips can be a sign. I drink plenty of water and I use lip balm constantly throughout the day. Actually, lip balm is one of those things I never leave the house without. Phone, wallet, keys, lip balm.

It's a tough world out there. If my soft lips can give but one beautiful woman some inspiration to keep going, then I've done my job.. for that day.:001_tt2:

I'll second the hydration aspect and dry lips being a sign of dehydration. Might want to also try super glue for the cracks. They now make it in pharmaceutical strength. :wink:

Not sure if this would work for cracks at the side of mouth but maybe for everyone else who gets chapped lips in general.

For future serious stages of chapped lips try this: Go grab a toothbrush (stiffer is probably better) and get a moisturizing cream (vasaline/petroleum jelly apparently can also work well). Before you go to bed take a shower to soften up your lip skin. Apply the cream onto your lips by brushing with the tooth brush. Apply the cream liberally, you should have it caked on. Leave that cake on overnight and resist licking. Drinking some water before hand wouldn't hurt.

When lip balms haven't made any ground for me, this method softened up my dry cracked lips. I believe this is a makeup artist tip to get deal with models with chapped lips a few hours before a shoot.

Top Bottom