What's new

Counterfeit Iridium Super Stainless from idiotdoc on eBay

M

Mateo

Damnit! I just looked at my SI's and noticed the "Brocter and Hamble" print on the exterior of the packaging. I bought two separate bulk packages several months ago from separate, reputable vendors, neither of which are in Asia. Is there definitive proof that these are counterfeit? Perhaps someone with a bar code scanning app could scan the bar code on the packaging and see what comes up?

Bar code can be a fluke and most likely will be lord or dorco bar codes.

Sometimes good to be true specially at that price can give you hints on real vs. Fakes. Hope at least they do not any residue like stains or marks on blades. I have seen them with the dorco blades and lord counterfeits. Be very careful to use them and if you are hoping to use them, sterilize them before usage.

I forgot to mention to delete the post Ruth the actual information so th chinese don't copy this. Be as careful as you can, the more info they have the harder will be to recognize reals from fake unless they are tested.

For now these should be treated as warnings!!!

David

Last edited:
D'OH! That's a real bummer man.

I think I've got 8 left from my sampler and I'm not a big fan of a blade that won't finish a 3rd shave for me.

I could be (easily) convinced to mail them to you (for free) as a consolation prize and for comparison.

there's money in counterfeiting blades?! It seems like a lotta damn work to reprint, wrap, and box for 20¢ a blade...

Bugger,

Paypal return starting :(

Mateo - did they shave OK?

His ebay user id is idiotdoc

Last edited:
there's money in counterfeiting blades?! It seems like a lotta damn work to reprint, wrap, and box for 20¢ a blade...

These would have been a very large manufacturing run, as was mentioned in the previous threads there was a Chinese company saying that they could supply them in large quantities.

I haven't got mine yet, starting Item not received process now. Not waiting for them to arrive and have to go through the rigmarole. Non-delivery is easier to deal with than counterfeit.

EDIT: just scanned the barcode on a real pack with RedLaser on my iPhone, came up as Iridium blades. The fake one (scanned from my screen) came up as unknown.

EDIT 2: These are definitely Chinese knock-offs. The 6944955216069 EAN-13 gives it away, 690-695 is manufactured in China.

Unfortunately, what we have is Fake Iridiums from idiotdoc - not good for anyone at all.

Last edited:
The seller has been in contact and has agreed to refund the goods.

I'm sending them back today.

Incedentially, the address on the envelope is: (not sure where the line breaks should be)

G/F 08 KWong Sang House
CTR
151-153 Hoi Bun Rood
Kwun Tong
Kowloon
Hong Kong

Tell the FDA. It may seem strange, but the blades are health-related, and if the company is counterfeiting them, it may be doing the same with medical items and/or drugs. If that's the case, the FDA would be able to crack down on any business the company does in the U.S.

Probably best for one of our US members to do that Gash.

Since it seems like these may have been widely available prior to the Gillette Withdrawal and then at least a couple of Vendors were hit, it could be a worthwhile exercise for everyone to check their blades.

I always wondered about the people that said they never liked them. maybe they had counterfeits to start with?

Why all of the spelling errors? Surely the Chinese could have at least gotten that part right. Perhaps they don't have the technology or skill to make blades of high enough quality to fool anyone, but the spelling errors must be intentional. Does this give them some sort of "Any idiot should have known he wasn't getting actual Super Iridiums" defense when they get caught?

Why all of the spelling errors? Does this give them some sort of "Any idiot should have known he wasn't getting actual Super Iridiums" defense when they get caught?

:sneaky2: I've had the same thought ... I don't believe it is a valid legal excuse in any countries I can think of; it's still fraud, counterfeiting; piracy. Confusion. :blink: How could they make such glaring errors in spelling while everything else is dead on?

CAVEAT EMPTOR. There are alternatives ...

I seem to recall reading somewhere that companies are allowed to copy other goods, but they have to be less than 90% or 95% similar.

These spelling mistakes would obviously make them less than 100% similar and could be approaching the "safe" threshold.

They are still pests for doing it though.

I seem to recall reading somewhere that companies are allowed to copy other goods, but they have to be less than 90% or 95% similar.

These spelling mistakes would obviously make them less than 100% similar and could be approaching the "safe" threshold.

They are still pests for doing it though.

If that's the case, I'd get the spelling right and make the blade crappy to get below the "90% similar" threshold. This way you'd fool more people. The Chinese appear to have butchered the packaging and the blade, making these nothing like real Super Iridiums.

Top Bottom