What's new

Comments on Myrsol Emulsion?

Anyone care to share your experience with this?

I'd be using it as a post shave balm. I'm intrigued on account of the lanolin. My skin loves lanolin. And I like menthol, but not too much.

Current favorite balms are Pacific Shaving Caffeinated and Dove Men.

I've used Nivea Sensitive and Proraso White balms, too. They're also good.

Wondering if the Myrsol is worth the premium price.

Thanks for your comments!

Top of the line.
Got me through last year's brutal Boston winter.
Premium price but great value both in performance and a-little-goes-a-long-way.
A+
Buy with confidence.

It is great. Very lightly mentholated. I like it a lot. After going from using primarily Nivea and Afta as my go-to aftershave balms, it was quite an experience using the Emulsion for my post shave. It's light sort of the consistency of Nivea, but it doesn't feel as watery as Nivea. And you don't need to use that much of it for full coverage. It is actually pretty economical.

Myrsol Emulsion reminds of Nivea but is superior in every way IMO (TheVez describes it well above). Actually I use it about four times a week and I have no intention of replacing this ASB that I find to be the best asb I've had during soon to be 40 years of shaving, but as always YMMV. One for thing about it is that the scent is so mild and neutral that you can choose any cologne you like.

Pretty high praise. I think I'm going to have to get some. Wife's going to kill me 😀

Is the scent kind of like the Nivea Balm?

I use it as a pre-shave. It's the only product I use every day (except for my scuttle). I vary razors, blades, brushes, soaps, creams, aftershaves and colognes, every day. Not Myrsol Emulsion.

I also use Emulsion as a pre-shave. I'm not too keen on the scent, but the performance is great. I suppose I could splash something else on after a shave after using the Emulsion, but I haven't tried that yet.

I find the scent mildly herbal and very light. When using it as an aftershave the scent fades quickly. And I can follow it up with an AS splash or cologne with no interference.

This is my favorite shaving product on the planet. I'd heard good things and first tried it last March or so after swinging a trade with TheVez2. I like its mild aroma and gentle menthol glow. It just makes the face feel really good.

It works well as a pre-shave (I like it when using a shavette). The label also notes -- first, before mention of use as a pre- and post-shave product -- that it can be used to shave with. I still intend to try it that way sometime. I seem to recall reading that the late founder of the company shaved with his Emulsión.

Last edited:
I love it! It's a great combination of soothing and cooling, doesn't feel greasy at all, and smells great. Highly recommended!

have not seen parabens listed in the Myrsol bottles I have.

I believe Emulsion is the only Myrsol product with parabens. That kept me from trying it for a long time but a trip to Spain and a €12 price tag got the better of me. I wish I'd never waited. In spite of the parabens it's the best balm I've ever used. In fact I've started using it as a post-shower moisturizer and ingrown hair treatment. It's working wonderfully and has sidelined my Cremo for now.

I recently picked up a bottle of Emulsion and it is awesome. Slight menthol cooling, and the lanolin makes for a great post shave. Other balms worth mentioning: Reef Point, and MLS aftershave milk.

People swear by this so far I have been lucky with recommendations Thayers, Nivea, Lucky Tiger, Cella balm etc so I decided to give this a go ugh smells so bad and doesn't feel good on the skin. I don't get it.

People swear by this so far I have been lucky with recommendations Thayers, Nivea, Lucky Tiger, Cella balm etc so I decided to give this a go ugh smells so bad and doesn't feel good on the skin. I don't get it.
as with all things shaving, YMMV - It's my daily driver in the winter or after a rough shave .... I love the Cella balm too.

Top Bottom