What's new

Cobra Classic SE Tour

You have to send poonjaji (Michael) a PM and ask to be added. That's how it's done with this tour.
Please share with Michael, in your private message, a phone number and email address that you can be reached at.

Also, there are some rules and guidelines in the very first post of this thread that you'll need to read.

Thank you,

Thanks for helping, David. Life has been a bit crazy lately and I am way behind on PMs. (Well, even more behind than before, so it is not personal.) For those of you that have messaged about joining the tour I will do my best to get back to you this week. Thanks.

A question from the recesses in which I am lurking (outside of the USA and so out of bounds for this pass-around): could anyone assess the relative aggressiveness, harshness, efficiency etc. of the Cobra vs the Ikon Slant? I have the latter which I love from afar but I have struggled to master it - sculpturally it is a delight but I find it too harsh and so it sees action very rarely and even then for no more than a single pass with something gentler for the second run. I'd hate to replicate the disappointment of my Ikon Slant experience with another expensive and beautiful razor. Thanks!

I don't have an Ikon Slant, but I find my Cobra to be extremely efficient and comfortably smooth to shave with. It's not at all harsh or difficult to use--it just cuts off whiskers with ease. I don't ever remember getting any nicks, weepers, or irritation with it.

I would say the cobra will be more aggressive then your ikon. But it does shave well. As I mentioned above, it aggressiveness can get to you, try cutting down a feather pro in a cheap injector (hint, I find the newer the injector the more mild it is, ymmv). You can always upgrade.

I just got the cobra today i cant believe hoe sweet it looks, my father who i just got into wet shaving wants to try it so bad.

Ok 1st shave was today and here are my thoughts

I used the RR xxx with the feather blade and the moment after my 1st stroke i realized that this isnt a injector or a de in any way. The Cobra is a straight with a handle, it left me a bb smooth shave with one weeper which was my fault. I kept using it like an injector, this razor gave me a closer shave then the red tip or any adjustable on 9. As you use it, it keeps reminding you that it should be treated with respect cause it wont hesitate to ***** slap you and remind you that its he's in charge not you. I love the razor so far and i finished with aloe vera witch hazel alcohol free and Nivea balm, I wouldn't dare try the bay rum. Next time im going to be using the barrister and man and will finish with bay rum of some sort.

Thank you for adding the review, I really enjoy reading these and would love to see this thread more active.
It sounds like you've got it pretty well figured out on day one, so you've done better than most, nice job with that.

I really enjoy the RazoRock XXXt soap myself.

The Barrister & Mann is a really nice soap as well. If you haven't tried it yet I think you'll enjoy it.

List updated, members added.

United States Tour:
shamful7 (shaving)
Dink
Angelo
Mr Moustache
shaversnapper
eldonanda
mrlandpirate
JerYnkFan
kbull719
MercerGent

International Tour Queue (uncertain if it will occur, but accepting names):
rider4life

Please see the first post for details about the tour, and contact me if interested in participating.

Last edited:
ok so I shaved for the last time with the cobra and right now im 50/50 between buying one. I love the shave alot but some areas are harder to shave do to the width of the razor but id be lying if i said it didn't give an amazingly smooth 1st pass shave every time. I let my father use it and he said to buy him one foe father days so i know he loved it.

Ill be passing it on now and ill be taking the b and m sample and ill be adding a entire new

axe shield face balm
, a sample of arko, a sample of The Blades Grim luxury shaving soap- smolder, and lastly a sample of lilac vegital.

List updated, members added.

United States Tour:
shamful7 (shaving)
Dink
Angelo
Mr Moustache
shaversnapper
eldonanda
mrlandpirate
JerYnkFan
kbull719
MercerGent

rider4life

Please see the first post for details about the tour, and contact me if interested in participating.

Thanks so much! Here's hoping we can get an international one going!:)

Cheers

M.

List updated, member added.

United States Tour:
Dink (shaving)
shaversnapper
eldonanda
mrlandpirate
JerYnkFan
kbull719
MercerGent
KingGordon
Corey
dweebs0r

targa88
rider4life

Last edited:
Well unfortunately I will have to exclude myself from even seeing this beautiful piece of hardware. It's sad but I don't even have the funds for shipping as I blew a tire and a tranny last night! :cursing:

So now I need to fix the tranny, get new tires, and the blown tire did major damage to the truck so now a $500 deductible to fix it up. There goes my fun for a while. It couldn't of came at a worse time!!!

Thanks for including me but I'm going to have to pass it on to the next lucky guy.

Happy shaving!

:sob:

Well unfortunately I will have to exclude myself from even seeing this beautiful piece of hardware. It's sad but I don't even have the funds for shipping as I blew a tire and a tranny last night! :cursing:

So now I need to fix the tranny, get new tires, and the blown tire did major damage to the truck so now a $500 deductible to fix it up. There goes my fun for a while. It couldn't of came at a worse time!!!

Thanks for including me but I'm going to have to pass it on to the next lucky guy.

Happy shaving!

I'm sorry to hear this.
Instead of dropping out maybe consider just putting your name lower on the list to give yourself some time to recover.
This way you can still hold a place in line without starting completely over.

I'm sorry to hear this.
Instead of dropping out maybe consider just putting your name lower on the list to give yourself some time to recover.
This way you can still hold a place in line without starting completely over.

thats a good idea but I'm not sure when I will recover from this. Working a crappy part time job with few hours it will take months to save up enough money. That's if I never eat!!

thats a good idea but I'm not sure when I will recover from this. Working a crappy part time job with few hours it will take months to save up enough money. That's if I never eat!!

You can always drop down a second time if you need to, or a third. We never know what life will give us, so I'm just saying it's nice to have a place in line.

Happy shaving!

I hate that sometimes life happens to us, and wish you well my friend.

Any updates, Dink?

List updated, member added that I accidentally dropped.

United States Tour:
shaversnapper (awaiting delivery)
angelo
eldonanda
mrlandpirate
JerYnkFan
kbull719
MercerGent
KingGordon
Corey
dweebs0r

targa88
rider4life

Last edited:
wheew! I finally got this bad boy! there was an issue with the shipping and it didnt come straight to me, but its all ok now. HOLY smokes there are a lot of samples in this box! cant wait to try a few of them. i will use this tomorrow and report back when I have something to actually share.

wheew! I finally got this bad boy! there was an issue with the shipping and it didnt come straight to me, but its all ok now. HOLY smokes there are a lot of samples in this box! cant wait to try a few of them. i will use this tomorrow and report back when I have something to actually share.
I am anxiously awaiting your reviews and my own anticipation is building slowly.

Top Bottom