What's new

Cobra Classic SE Tour

The box arrived last night.I opened it this morning.All the basics are there including the cobra and a pack of feather blades and some Kai blades.There are also various de blades , after shaves,cologne (Tom Ford Amber for one) creams ,soaps and some small containers whose markings have been worn off.
My best guess is that I will us one each of the two blades and pass on using the rest of the other samples .Perhaps the next user will find it a treasure trove.Either way,for the cost of shipping.It's a great deal to try this legendary single edge razor.Thanks Poonjaji.
keep us posted

Used the feather blade twice.Blade was easy to insert and lock into place.The handle has a great feel and the razor is very well balanced.It covers a much wider area then any other single edge razor I have ever used.I used my own gear for both shaves as none of the samples included were of interest to me.There are quite of few soaps and after shaves in the box that others may want to try.My soap of choice was MDC and I used a Rudy Vey brush-TGN finest two band.The shave was so close I felt the need to use an alum block right afterwards which is something I almost never do.There was no way I was using a bay rum after either of these two shaves! I did use Lucido after one and Speick after the other.I got perhaps the closest two shaves I have ever gotten using this razor!I want to try the Kai blade next to see if there is a different feel to the overall shave.That will happen tomorrow morning.

One member added to the tour. Welcome aboard, Alex.

Cobra Classic North American Tour
joe j (with razor)
Cigarettes,Cigars
ElliotR
Tim_McD
TripleG
tomjr
JHP
rwbrown04
cdhumiston
Bobusa
alex2363

Please contact me if you wish to be added to the tour.

One member added to the tour. Welcome aboard, Alex.

joe j (with razor)
Cigarettes,Cigars
ElliotR
Tim_McD
TripleG
tomjr
JHP
rwbrown04
cdhumiston
Bobusa
alex2363

Michael you are a very generous member:thumbup:

Used the feather blade twice.Blade was easy to insert and lock into place.The handle has a great feel and the razor is very well balanced.It covers a much wider area then any other single edge razor I have ever used.I used my own gear for both shaves as none of the samples included were of interest to me.There are quite of few soaps and after shaves in the box that others may want to try.My soap of choice was MDC and I used a Rudy Vey brush-TGN finest two band.The shave was so close I felt the need to use an alum block right afterwards which is something I almost never do.There was no way I was using a bay rum after either of these two shaves! I did use Lucido after one and Speick after the other.I got perhaps the closest two shaves I have ever gotten using this razor!I want to try the Kai blade next to see if there is a different feel to the overall shave.That will happen tomorrow morning.

Joe, is the shave result what you are expecting? Is it too aggressive for a daily shaver?

I did not know what to expect from the razor.I treated its use with an open mind and got on the list to try it because folks on here whose opinions I respect swear by the razor not to mention that the price is right so to speak.My usual mo is to buy a product and then put it up for sale when I don't care for it always at a loss because it's now a used razor or brush etc.On to the razor.I have never used a straight edge razor but the feel I got from the cobra is that its probably as close as you can get to that experience without using one.(Users of straight razors and the cobra please chime in)I was aware that I could not rush through a shave and that any cut could be beyond a weeper because the blades are so very sharp. and the head of the razor is wider then any razor I have thus far used.Lastly the shave.Close,very close.I have used it three times and all three shaves were bbs after three passes .I will try the KAI blade tomorrow as I stated above.I will report back afterwards.A shame it's not a stainless steel razor.Hope that helps.I will reserve judgment as to it being to aggressive for a daily shaver until I use the KAI blade.Stand by.

Last edited:
I did not know what to expect from the razor.I treated its use with an open mind and got on the list to try it because folks on here whose opinions I respect swear by the razor not to mention that the price is right so to speak.My usual mo is to buy a product and then put it up for sale when I don't care for it always at a loss because it's now a used razor or brush etc.On to the razor.I have never used a straight edge razor but the feel I got from the cobra is that its probably as close as you can get to that experience without using one.(Users of straight razors and the cobra please chime in)I was aware that I could not rush through a shave and that any cut could be beyond a weeper because the blades are so very sharp. and the head of the razor is wider then any razor I have thus far used.Lastly the shave.Close,very close.I have used it three times and all three shaves were bbs after three passes .I will try the KAI blade tomorrow as I stated above.I will report back afterwards.A shame it's not a stainless steel razor.Hope that helps.I will reserve judgment as to it being to aggressive for a daily shaver until I use the KAI blade.Stand by.
I respect your opinion, i will stand by for more input:thumbup:

Two members added to the tour.

Cigarettes,Cigars (awaiting delivery)
ElliotR
Tim_McD
TripleG
tomjr
JHP
rwbrown04
cdhumiston
Bobusa
alex2363
theretroshave
Cosimojack

Last edited:
I loved it as an Every Day Shaver, with the Feather Pro Blades, The KAI blades dragged a little to much for me, But once i tried those Feather Pro's OMG Amazing, I can shave with it every day, So like always YMMV :eek:) Mine Did well :thumbup:

Two members added to the tour.

Cigarettes,Cigars (awaiting delivery)
ElliotR
Tim_McD
TripleG
tomjr
JHP
rwbrown04
cdhumiston
Bobusa
alex2363
theretroshave
Cosimojack

Dont forget
EFaden
user-offline.png

i'm curious about this razor and the Tour is an incredibly generous gesture. but after reading multiple cobra threads i'm confused -- is it considered an "aggressive" razor?

to me, "aggressive" means that if one is not very, very attentive to technique there can be significant bites. examples of aggressive: R41, futur set on 6. nonaggressive: fatboy or progress set on 1.

This thing will eat your skin off if not careful, I know it happened to me when I was flying through a shave. It's super sharp and smooth with ease, but lose focus ..

Way smoother than r41, but way different shave... Not milder at all. The blade is just better IMHO than anything you can put in a de.

If I had to choose one non straight, this would be it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom