What's new

Cobra Classic SE Tour

Yesterday i Gave the Cobra another go, This time i used Feather Pro Blade, And for me it was Much Much Smother Then the Captain Kai Blade, So far this is my Second Shave with it.

Did a one pass with slight touch up XTG and it was all i needed, Sweet Smooth Razor, This one is a Winner for me. Two more Shaves and Off it goes to the next guy :eek:)

Software Used.
1. Creamo Cream
2. Shave X Alum Block
3. Witch Hazel
4. Proraso Pre/Post

Alright, I've been watching long enough. Previously lack of experience made me hesitant but I'm ready to dive in face first. May I be added to the list?
If you like smooth Razors, Then This is it, Seriously its a pretty smooth Razor and Efficient as well. I say go for it :thumbup:

Three members added to the tour.

Cobra Classic North American Tour

ERVARGASNY (Shaving)
heybatter
joe j
Cigarettes,Cigars
ElliotR
Tim_McD
TripleG
Toothpick
tomjr
JHP
rwbrown04

Please contact me if you wish to be added to the tour.

Today I'm Done with my 4Th Shave, This Corba is Ready to Ship. Enjoy HeyBatter Your Next, Respond to PM Lets get this Rolling.

Sorry for the Delay Guys, I had it for 2 weeks First week i was Sick with the Flu.

This is one Razor on my To Buy List or Trade List :eek:)

Hey guys

The razor was attempted delivery last week but no one was home to sign so it's sitting at the post office. I will be able to get there Saturday to pick it up at which point I will send it right back out. Sorry for the delay.

The razor was attempted delivery last week but no one was home to sign so it's sitting at the post office. I will be able to get there Saturday to pick it up at which point I will send it right back out. Sorry for the delay.

No worries here. PLEASE consider keeping the razor for another week so you have an opportunity to actually try it. Life happens...such as ERVARGASNY coming down with the flu and having it for two weeks as well. Everyone will get their turn in due time. :wink2:

-------------------------------

Another member added to the tour.

heybatter (Cobra at PO)
joe j
Cigarettes,Cigars
ElliotR
Tim_McD
TripleG
Toothpick
tomjr
JHP
rwbrown04
neilyasno

Last edited:
The Cobra classic is finally in my possession and I'm looking forward to using it.
Glad you got it,Sorry about the signed for thing but it's a safer shipping method, as u have read that sometimes packages disappear when the mailman leaves at the address, So to play it safe Sig Required was Added and recommended by members on here.

Also just wanted to mention that there was a Alum block of some kind i removed from the Package as it came in pieces "Box was Crushed" and Alum Block made everything in the pouch sticky. So i cleaned up the pouch sample as best as i could, and re taped the box all around as to make sure it doesn't rip during shipping, Also box has alot of samples of creams, soaps and Blades, which adds to the weight alot when shipping, I paid about $13.00 to ship it First class Sig Required, So keep in mind the more added samples the higher prices will be to ship to the next guy, but also more Samples and goodies to try :eek:) . Just a heads up for all :eek:)

Last edited:
Thanks for tiding things up ERVARGASNY, I did some of that myself as well. There was a small container of some AS or cologne that was empty and looked like it lost it's contents in travel so I ditched that. And the box just reeked of sandalwood so perhaps that was it. I had to leave the box on my patio!

Anyway, onto the Cobra. I used it this morning and got a pretty good shave out of it. Inserting the blade was definitely a challenge. I was surprised at how easy I was able to get a close shave above my lip without any real ATG or WTG pass.

One member added to the tour, one removed as it is time for a beard.

heybatter (shaving)
joe j
Cigarettes,Cigars
ElliotR
Tim_McD
TripleG
tomjr
JHP
rwbrown04
cdhumiston
Bobusa

Last edited:
Also just wanted to mention that there was a Alum block of some kind i removed from the Package as it came in pieces "Box was Crushed" and Alum Block made everything in the pouch sticky. So i cleaned up the pouch sample as best as i could, and re taped the box all around as to make sure it doesn't rip during shipping, Also box has alot of samples of creams, soaps and Blades, which adds to the weight alot when shipping, I paid about $13.00 to ship it First class Sig Required, So keep in mind the more added samples the higher prices will be to ship to the next guy, but also more Samples and goodies to try :eek:) . Just a heads up for all :eek:)

Question to those of your participating in the tour. When Superbleu and I started this back in 2011 we included a few samples, but the box that is currently circulating has gotten large as ERVARGASNY has described. If we were to remove all (or most) samples the razor, case and blades would easily fit in a small Priority Mail box and would cost around $8 with signature delivery. ERVARGASNY just paid $13 to ship it First Class.

• Would members prefer the samples be removed to lower shipping costs? If so, I am suggesting I PIF the samples to a member that has participated in the tour, or is currently signed up to do so. (Details to be sorted out later.)
  • Would members prefer the samples remain in the box, despite the extra cost, so you can potentially try some new products? When the tour is eventually over I intend to PIF all samples in the box that is returned to me. I will be keeping my razor, case and any remaining blades. :blush:

Your feedback is appreciated. Thanks!

I personally wouldn't probably use the samples, as I want to try the Cobra without any add'l variables. That being said, I don't mind having or even contributing a few more samples to the package and pay for the extra shipping.

It is a small price to pay for getting to try a premium razor for a couple of days

I was interested in samples but when I checked out what was included, none were really appealing. And some were quite beat up as well. There was a tiny tub labelled Tabac that didn't look anything remotely close to the Tabac I have at home.

Anyway, I'll be shipping this off to Joe J tomorrow.

Last edited:
I would also like to see the samples. Maybe a policy that you can't add one without removing another so it doesnt continue to grow. I'd go with the judgement of whoever has it now if there are some old samples that just need to go.

The box arrived last night.I opened it this morning.All the basics are there including the cobra and a pack of feather blades and some Kai blades.There are also various de blades , after shaves,cologne (Tom Ford Amber for one) creams ,soaps and some small containers whose markings have been worn off.
My best guess is that I will us one each of the two blades and pass on using the rest of the other samples .Perhaps the next user will find it a treasure trove.Either way,for the cost of shipping.It's a great deal to try this legendary single edge razor.Thanks Poonjaji.

Top Bottom