What's new

Cobra Classic SE Tour

For the first time in well over a month, I used something besides the CC. Those GEM blades are just so narrow compared to the Kai Milds!

I've realized that the CC doesn't shave my chin that well... Anyone have any tips for me?
Use a narrower blade, :biggrin1:, me Bizarro, me love Cobra Classic, shave square face very good,
proxy.php
:a14:

Last edited:
Happy birthday Turtle!

My birthday is coming up on the 8th. Maybe I should splurge and get a Cobra as well :biggrin1:

Thanks for the B'day wishes.

My Cobra came in on my birthday but I waited to use it until the next day as I wanted to use one of my birth year/quarter Gillettes

Used the Cobra last night (late) as we took the RV off for a pre-trip test flight to make sure everything is up to scratch and we did not get back until dinner time.

Woke up this morning with a BBS shave... The Cobra is NICE..... YEA... Glad I just jumped on this razor even though my turn at the tour was up and I would have had the tour razor this week.

proxy.php

Hi everyone I hope all is well with U & your families. Just wanted to let U all know that the Cobra Classic arrived about 20 minutes ago safe & sound. I will be test driving her tonite & will give an update. Enclosed is a pic. If anyone.....has any tips before my test drive tonite please share. Btw... Happy Birthday Turtle. I see U got a very nice present.:thumbup:

$IMG_20120627_125818.jpg

WARHAWK

Just finished test driving the Cobra Classic... first of all I want 2 thank Michael (Poonjaji) for giving me the opportunity to try the CC razor.

In the CC package it included the Feather Professional blades and the KAI Captain Titan Mild blades... I chose the Feather Pro. Visually, this is a sexy azz razor.:001_tt1: It is definitely easy on the eyes. As I grabbed the CC... the hefty handle felt very comfortable in my hand. I did my normal face prep. I used my current and go to shave soap (Mike's Natural Soap).

I used a very low, shallow angle from the info I received here. I performed 3 passes: WTG, XTG, ATG. My results were very near BBS. As some of U know... I am also a head shaver. I was feeling pretty good but skipped on shaving the dome. I didn't want 2 be too cocky.

All in all... I was very impressed with the CC. I look forward to using it again. I really liked the Feather blade so I will probably use it again on my second shave. As I am concluding this report... I got a big grin on my face.:biggrin1: Well, I hope U enjoyed my review as much as I enjoyed the shave. :thumbup: Take care.:001_cool:

WARHAWK

Just finished test driving the Cobra Classic... first of all I want 2 thank Michael (Poonjaji) for giving me the opportunity to try the CC razor.

In the CC package it included the Feather Professional blades and the KAI Captain Titan Mild blades... I chose the Feather Pro. Visually, this is a sexy azz razor.:001_tt1: It is definitely easy on the eyes. As I grabbed the CC... the hefty handle felt very comfortable in my hand. I did my normal face prep. I used my current and go to shave soap (Mike's Natural Soap).

I used a very low, shallow angle from the info I received here. I performed 3 passes: WTG, XTG, ATG. My results were very near BBS. As some of U know... I am also a head shaver. I was feeling pretty good but skipped on shaving the dome. I didn't want 2 be too cocky.

All in all... I was very impressed with the CC. I look forward to using it again. I really liked the Feather blade so I will probably use it again on my second shave. As I am concluding this report... I got a big grin on my face.:biggrin1: Well, I hope U enjoyed my review as much as I enjoyed the shave. :thumbup: Take care.:001_cool:

WARHAWK

Sounds like a smooth first run hawkman,envy you getting a chance to try the Cobra.Sort of kicking myself for not getting in on this tour,but I'm trying to avoid liking anything so much I've got to buy it.:001_cool:

I've finally decided to buy a Cobra while the 10% off July 4th deal is going on. BTW, the NMDO couplon code does not work. Does anyone have another more recent code for Classic Shaving?

I've finally decided to buy a Cobra while the 10% off July 4th deal is going on. BTW, the NMDO couplon code does not work. Does anyone have another more recent code for Classic Shaving?

NMDO was the last code I used. For what it is worth Classic Shaving indicated you could not stack another coupon on top of the 10% off. Maybe they fixed that "glitch" in their system since it sounded like others were able to get it to work last week.

...envy you getting a chance to try the Cobra. Sort of kicking myself for not getting in on this tour....:001_cool:

FYI this tour continues as long as there is interest. PM me if you would like to participate and stop kicking yourself. :wink:

Speaking of participating, another member has been added.

North American Cobra Classic Tour
warhawk (with razor)
itaforte
drocu
Ray Settanta
Doppelgaenger
cpool222

Mike'sWorld

Last edited:
I skipped my face shave today because I'm still kinda smooth from last night's shave with the CC. However, I tried the CC on this afternoon's head shave. I used the same Feather Professional blade and my results were an okay shave. I blame my technique because head shaving with any safety razor is challenging. I think I will try the KAI blades for my next CC shave. Take care and have a good night.

WARHAWK

NMDO was the last code I used. For what it is worth Classic Shaving indicated you could not stack another coupon on top of the 10% off. Maybe they fixed that "glitch" in their system since it sounded like others were able to get it to work last week.

Thanks Michael. I went ahead and ordered one at 10% off anyway. When I first got interested in this Razor they were in the $145 range. Ever since the price has been climbing so I figured i should get one sooner than later.

When I ordered mine there was nothing about not using a coupon. The coupon was taken and the sale processed with both discounts. I guess once they saw the "double" discount sale from me (and possibly others) they adjusted things as it was after I purchased that the "no coupons on this sale price" appeared on their site.

They shipped my razor and did not ask for additional funds.

Great group IMHO to just take it on the chin and correct their order form.

Last night, I had a near BBS shave using the KAI blades for both face and dome. I did a 3 pass face shave using Mike's Natual Soap. As far as my dome shave... the KAI blades did better than the Feather Pro on the dome. I probably had one of my better head shaves with this combo. So far... I am loving the CC.

WARHAWK

Last night, I had a near BBS shave using the KAI blades for both face and dome. I did a 3 pass face shave using Mike's Natual Soap. As far as my dome shave... the KAI blades did better than the Feather Pro on the dome. I probably had one of my better head shaves with this combo. So far... I am loving the CC.

WARHAWK

Very cool Mel. It sure does feel nice in the hands doesn't it? I had the best results with the Feather Pro Blades on my face, but of course, YMMV.

I cannot comment on the dome shave...done it once, will never do it again, as I have way too much hair (and too large of a head).

I hope everyone enjoyed their Fourth of July. I would again like to thank Michael (poonjajai) for his generosity for sharing his CC with me and the B&B community.

My final thoughts of the CC are all positive. It is probably the best looking razor in the planet and the most comfortable. However my wallet will not allow me to spend $169. Who knows maybe one day but until then I can atleast say....."I took that razor on a test drive". Enclosed are some pics of my Fourth of July shave and my final shave with the CC.

WARHAWK

$IMG_20120704_095941.jpg
$IMG_20120704_100023.jpg$IMG_20120704_100034.jpg

I hope everyone enjoyed their Fourth of July. I would again like to thank Michael (poonjajai) for his generosity for sharing his CC with me and the B&B community.

My final thoughts of the CC are all positive. It is probably the best looking razor in the planet and the most comfortable. However my wallet will not allow me to spend $169. Who knows maybe one day but until then I can atleast say....."I took that razor on a test drive". Enclosed are some pics of my Fourth of July shave and my final shave with the CC.

WARHAWK

Looks like you had a nice run with the CC Mel.It was nice to get some feel for how the CC is for head shaving,I like razors that can multitask,sounds like the CC's a winner.Saw the Mike's Natural Soap in your pictures and want to thank you my friend for your kindness in sending me a bit of your new Orange/Sandlewood/Black Pepper Shaving Soap.I believe I've found my signature soap/scent,the Orange is killer stuff.

FYI this tour continues as long as there is interest. PM me if you would like to participate and stop kicking yourself. :wink:
Mike'sWorld

Michael I've neglected to thank you for your gracious offer,what you're doing here sir...really is wonderful.As much as I'm tempted to give the CC a run,I'd hate to end up loving it.....I need to focus my time on a couple of somewhat recently acquired iKons that are beating up on each other clammering for my attention.

First shave: I completed my first shave this evening before heading out to dinner. I'm no stranger to SE/injector razors and used to use Super Pro's with the Feather AC RG. So I opted for the Kai Mild Pink blades for something different. Loading wasn't an issue and the shave was very nice with 2 days of growth: WTG, ATG. I had no irritation, nicks, or weepers. I'm not sure that my shave was any faster but that's probably because I did the same number of strokes as usual since I'm not used to the width on this blade. I noticed that this blade and razor combo really performed well on my neck WTG; the second ATG pass on my neck was hardly worth doing.

I liked that the Kai Mild blades were perfect to shave with out of the box. I recall the Super Pro's being incredibly sharp, i.e. weeper inducing, for the first couple of shaves but then would mellow out. I think my shave could have been closer above my jawline but I'm sure it'll get better with practice. Overall, I'm very impressed.

Top Bottom