What's new

Club CELLA

I guess I did get a good one, @Kix , although I seem to recall a long, long break-in time before it finally started to work the way I want it to. So don't give up yet! :)

Reactions: Kix
February 21, 2024 Wednesday shave

Razor: Karve Overlander, brass
Blade: FlyDear Super Platinum (3)
Soap: Cella red
Brush: Yaqi 30mm Tuxedo knot
Post shave: Osma alum block, Thayer's Witch Hazel
Aftershave: Lucky Tiger Aftershave and Face Tonic

This was a three pass shave of 48 hours growth.
The FlyDear blade did a great job and probably has a few more shaves left in it. Each shave has been very good.
The Cella soap was great, as usual. Since I have a kilo block of Cella, I've been using it very frequently. It doesn't store well, except in the freezer/refrigerator, so I cut off a small chunk from the block in the freezer every now and then.
Zero alum or aftershave feedback.
No weepers, nicks or irritation. Super happy skin.
Overlander shaves are always great!

10/10 BBS

Enjoy your day!

Cella brick open.jpg

My local B&M is out of the brick, so I just got in two bowls/tubs. I'm still using my last one. Cella seems to get weaker in scent as it is used, but mine reached a point it is no longer getting weaker. I wonder how long Cella can be stored without losing its scent?

Reactions: Kix
February 25, 2024 Sunday shave

Razor: Karve Overlander, aluminum
Blade: Lord Platinum (1)
Brush: Yaqi 24mm Timberwolf w/Mysterious Space handle
Aftershave: Aqua Velva Ice Blue

This was a three pass shave on two days growth. The Lord blade was a bit rough starting out, but smoothed out a little as the shave progressed.
It was a great shave, no weepers, nicks, etc. and no irritation. It's the mark of the Overlander.

I'm using Cella a lot because I've got the brick (shown below) that I need to use up. A kilo of soap is a LOT of soap!

9.75/10

Cella brick open.jpg

Today's shave: Cella Red
Brush: APShaveCo G5C with red and clear handle with the knot set out for face lathering.
Razor: Parker PTW interchangeable blade straight razor with Rapira black blade.

Man, I love Cella. The scent gets so soft and nice after getting down in the bowl deeper. The shaves are so soft and cushiony and the face feel after the shave is really nice.

February 27, 2024 Tuesday shave

Razor: Karve Overlander, stainless steel
Blade: Treet Platinum (2)
Brush: Simpson Trafalgar T3
Post shave: Barbero alum block, Thayer's Witch Hazel
Aftershave: Old Spice Original

This was a three pass shave of 48 hours growth.
Although the Treet Platinum produces more blade feel than most other blades, it gave a very good shave.
I'm constrained to use Cella nearly every shave. When you buy a kilo of Cella, it's a long term proposition, but I'm enjoying it!
Paired with the Overlander, it was a great shave. No weepers, nicks, etc. and no irritation.
This was a very satisfying and relaxing shave.

10/10 BBS

Enjoy your day!

Cella Brick.jpg

My local shop is out of kilo bricks. I want one, but I have two new tubs and one more I am working on. This is a really good soap when the hydration is right. It has become my daily driver after the MWF fiasco and really, I am fine with that.

February 29, 2024 Thursday shave

Blade: Treet Platinum (3)
Brush: Omega 10049 Professional boar

This was the usual three pass shave on 2 days growth. It took a little more work, as the Treet Platinum blade has lost its sharpness.
It was a great shave. No weepers, nicks, etc. and no irritation.

10/10 Excellent

Enjoy your day!

Cella brick open.jpg

WThomas0814

Ditto, ditto
February 29, 2024 Thursday shave

Blade: Treet Platinum (3)
Brush: Omega 10049 Professional boar

This was the usual three pass shave on 2 days growth. It took a little more work, as the Treet Platinum blade has lost its sharpness.
It was a great shave. No weepers, nicks, etc. and no irritation.

10/10 Excellent

Enjoy your day!

View attachment 1804401
That kilo is so beautiful!

I just receive my backup brick yesterday, vacuum sealed it, and put it in the freezer. I won’t take a chance on reformulation.

We need a Vitos brotherhood, too…

WThomas0814

Ditto, ditto
If you love Cella Red, as I do, you doubtlessly also love Vitos Red or Red+. If so, you should give Albus Palmira a try. It is Serbian and available only on eBay, as far as I can tell. It is a bit spendy, likely due to the distance it needs travel. I picked up five 70g cubes for around 35USD and I took two weeks to get it.

It looks a bit like Cella, slightly darker; it looks like chocolate pudding next to snow-white Vitos. I face lather and my brush loaded exactly like Cella and there was no discernible difference in the lather. I felt less skin drying than I do with Cella.

The smell is very similar, perhaps more cherry forward, if that makes sense. Texture is the same as Cella, firmer than Vitos, and it easily mashes into my vessel.

I really don’t know how, or if, I will fit it into my soap rotation (my triumvirate is Cella Red, Vito’s Red+, and Arko puck), but, if you’re the type of chap who likes many soaps on hand and likes having something rather uncommon, I heartily recommend you give Palmira a try.

March 10, 2024 Sunday shave

Blade: Gillette Nacet (2)
Brush: Omega 10066 boar (83)
Post shave: Omega alum block, Thayer's Witch Hazel
Aftershave: Lucky Tiger Aftershave and Face Tonic

This three pass shave of 48 hours of stubble was a delight. Every item used performed perfectly.
The shave was super close, with no weepers, etc. and no irritation. Most pleasant!
10/10 BBS

Enjoy your day!

SODT03_10_24.jpg

March 12, 2024 Tuesday shave

Blade: Gillette Nacet (3)
Brush: Omega 10049 Professional boar (61)
Post shave: Barbero alum block, Thayer's Witch Hazel
Aftershave: Fine Snake Bite, first use

This was a three pass shave of 48 hours of stubble. It was terrific!
No issues, no weepers, etc. and no irritation. Super close and easy on the skin.
The Cella red is a great soap, and today it produced a large quantity of excellent lather. It's as good as any soap I have, and better than most!
Today was the first use of Fine Snake Bite aftershave, generously PIF'ed by @WThomas0814. The name is fitting, as it gives a very pronounced "wake up" sensation! It's a great addition to the Kix shave den.

10/10 BBS

Enjoy your day!

SOTD 03_12_24.jpg

Cella is fast becoming one of favorite soaps, in my top 5. First use of the Overlander and I was fortunate enough to get a comfortable and easy, 3-pass DFS+.

Razor: Karve Overlander, brass - 1st use
Blade: Bic Chrome Platinum (3)
Pre-Shave: Proraso Red
Soap: Cella Red
Brush: EJ Silvertip
AS: Floïd The Genuine

Have a blessed day.
IMG_3695.jpeg

Top Bottom