What's new

Club CELLA

WThomas0814

Ditto, ditto
Cella Red today.

IMG_5285.jpeg

I've not seen any of those containers on my usual shopping places. Is this just new packaging? None of this is on the Cella website.
These products aren’t mentioned on cellamilano1899.com, but there is a page for them on cellamilano.it:

The soap comes in a 300 ml tub, instead of the typical 150 ml, and two different scents: “Good Morning Sandalwood” and “Fresh Reserve.” From some ad copy:

• The fragrance "Buongiorno al Sandalo" (aromatic woody) is enriched with precious woods of iconic originality, sandalwood and patchouli; A woody, fiery, sensual and intoxicating trail.

• The "Riserva Fresco" fragrance (aromatic citrus) is enriched with basil, jasmine sambac, Mediterranean freshness and intensity, and tonka bean, rare, refined and surprising.

I don’t see these products listed at any American vendors, but it looks like they are showing up at some European shops. E.g.:

Ingredients seem closer to the Extra Extra Bio than the traditional, though there are some differences:

• Traditional: Cocos Nucifera Oil, Tallow, Stearic Acid, Potassium Hydroxide, Sodium Hydroxide, Aqua, Potassium Carbonate, Parfum.

• Bio: Aqua (Water), Stearic Acid, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Potassium Hydroxide, Glycerin, Myristic Acid, Sodium Hydroxide, Potassium Carbonate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Bambusa Vulgaris (Bamboo) Leaf/stem Extract, Bisabolol, Parfum (Fragrance).

• Professionale Buongiorno Sandolo: Stearic Acid, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Aqua (Water), Potassium Hydroxide, Myristic Acid, Glycerin, Sodium Hydroxide, Potassium Carbonate, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Parfum (Fragrance), Panthenol, Limonene, Linalool.

• Professionale Riserva Fresca: Stearic Acid, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Aqua (Water), Potassium Hydroxide, Myristic Acid, Glycerin, Sodium Hydroxide, Potassium Carbonate, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Parfum (Fragrance), Panthenol, Menthol, Amylcinamyl Alcohol, Citronellol, Coumarin, Hexyl Cinnamal, Hydroxycitronellal, Limonene, Linalool.

I love Cella Bio and the new scent descriptions seem interesting. At the end of the day, 300 ml of Cella can’t be a bad thing. I will definitely try these when they come in stock in America.

April 11, 2024 Thursday shave

Razor: Karve Overlander, stainless steel
Blade: Gillette Nacet (1)
Soap: Cella red
Brush: Maggard synthetic
Bowl: Captain's Choice Heavyweight copper
Post shave: Osma alum block, Thayer's Witch Hazel
Aftershave: Old Spice Original

Terrific shave. No weepers, etc., no irritation. Three passes on two days growth.
The Overlander never fails me, always exceptional.
I was glad to get back to using Cella. It always makes great lather and leaves the skin moisturized.

SOTD 04_11_24.jpg

April 11, 2024 Thursday shave

Razor: Karve Overlander, stainless steel
Blade: Gillette Nacet (1)
Soap: Cella red
Brush: Maggard synthetic
Bowl: Captain's Choice Heavyweight copper
Post shave: Osma alum block, Thayer's Witch Hazel
Aftershave: Old Spice Original

Terrific shave. No weepers, etc., no irritation. Three passes on two days growth.
The Overlander never fails me, always exceptional.
I was glad to get back to using Cella. It always makes great lather and leaves the skin moisturized.

View attachment 1827733
Cella is hard to beat. Except for my stash of MWF, I don't think Cella Red is threatened by any other soaps. Great stuff and unlike Arko, it doesn't stink and doesn't leave my skin dry.

Top Bottom