What's new

Cjb kamisori pass around....

Sadly, it sounds like it's dead in the water. The razor in question was lost in transit, unfortunately.

actually it was found... but it was purchased by a member and now resides with him....

i do not have anymore to ship out......

Damn, I was thinking about giving one of these a try.....I guess I'll have to pay more close attention to the BST board.

Damn, I was thinking about giving one of these a try.....I guess I'll have to pay more close attention to the BST board.

I got one just recently. It is quite good and well worth the price. If someone was trying to figure out if they wanted one and wanted a lower entry cost, this is the one. It fits my hand very well and is less slippery than the SS non-folder. It is constructed well - not too much different than the high priced spread - in fact, it is a challenge to differentiate between it and an RG for quality although you can see it... but it is minor. The blade offset is similar to an RG - I think. I didn't measure it but shaving with it seemed exactly the same.

hiya,i would like a one aswell,rather impressed with the good reveiws on this thread,iam over in the uk.cant find them any where on the web,even evil bay,
newbie so any help apreciated,to help me along the road,
IAN

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
Try contacting our fellow straight razor aficionado in Korea. His screen name escapes me ATM tho. It will come to me...

Question for those who have tried this razor, how many shaves did you find that the blades last? Do they last more than your typical DE blade for your face?

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
There is also a Hobbyist who is selling some too. Check out the vendor/hobbyist forums.

Question for those who have tried this razor, how many shaves did you find that the blades last? Do they last more than your typical DE blade for your face?

I use Kai milds in mine and depending on a few factors, I get 7-10 shaves out of them. The blade mellows at about the one week mark. For the new owners, WCS sells a cover for the head. Once it is on the razor, you can throw the razor into a Dopp kit or have safer storage in the medicine cabinet.

I use Pros for the most part. I get an extraordinary life out of them. It is nothing to get 15 shaves. I just put one away that had about 20 on it. Started with a fresh one ... things were a little pink the first shave - they are sharp but mellow out after about four shaves and remain useful for many shaves. You can strop them but I seldom do.

If you prorate the cost of the blade, they are cheaper than most of the popular DE blades. Feather DEs are more than $30 a hundred and you get two to three shaves from them... so 300 shaves for $30. Pro blades are $12 for 20 (on eBay... about 13 at Smallflower). I think most folks who get used to the AC system can get 10 shaves from a blade... I suspect you could get a lot more - I certainly can. So... at least 200 shaves for $12. A friend and I figured that a single pack of 20 should last a year. That makes them cheaper than DE for us (YMMV).

I just got mine last week with a 20 pack of DORCO blades (Pretty nice blades too) and I have 3 shaves on one blade with no differences in shave quality so far. Just a caution, this handle is a LOT smaller than I thought it would be, you may have some issues if you have large hands, luckily, I don't and it fits me just perfectly.

Ok, didn't take part in the pass-around, BUT I ordered one of these bad boys from "joshmv" on this forum and received it monday. I gave it a go this morning with a Dorco blade. Scared to my wits, I looked at it wondering if I should....and I said yes I will lol. Anyway, long story short, shave is nearly BBS. A bit weird to hold, and I echo what firewalker has said, the handle is smaller than you'd think (as is everything else about it lol) but it was great. No blood and only a tiny bit of razor burn where I wasn't lathered up enough. All in all, it was a great experience and I will keep trying to see if I like it as a permanent feature in my rotation. The blades are fairly good too, so I'd recommend those (groupbuy would be great - hint hint! hehe).

I'd also say that for the price, its a bargain. Quality-wise, it is not as well tidied up as the Feather razors, but its not far off and certainly I think for less than half the price of a Feather RG, this is a bargain.

Top Bottom