What's new

Choose 1-3 scents you are really loving within the last month

Czech & Speake's Oxford & Cambridge
Frederic Malle's Musc Ravageur
Penhaligon's English Fern

These have been getting the most play from me of late.

Issey Miyake, L'eau d'Issey Pour Homme

Carolina Herrara, 212 on Ice Blue

Burberry Summer 2011

I do believe the gentleman here in "Fragrance" are much more sophisticated when it comes to scents than I am, seems like I have a lot to learn

Rick sent me a crap-ton of samples... As an official newbie to man-stinks... I'm currently digging:

PDN Pour Homme
Caron 3rd Man
Crown Imperial

Issey Miyake, L'eau d'Issey Pour Homme

Carolina Herrara, 212 on Ice Blue

Burberry Summer 2011

I do believe the gentleman here in "Fragrance" are much more sophisticated when it comes to scents than I am, seems like I have a lot to learn

I wouldn't say we're more sophisticated than you or anyone else, Anthony. We just enjoy trying scents and talking about our impressions with each other. We have different levels of "smelling skills", different abilities of picking out notes in scents, and different styles of describing what we smell. And we enjoy scents of all types, costs, and vintage. Personally, I thoroughly enjoy our diversity, and wouldn't want it any other way.

Welcome to the fragrance forum!

Of late;

Guerlain Vetiver
Fragonard Vetyver
Creed Vetiver
L'occitane (you guessed it) Vetiver

It's turned chilly and wet here in Melbourne and for me, returning to the vet' gets me in the mood for wearing my trench, gloves and scarf.

I wouldn't say we're more sophisticated than you or anyone else, Anthony. We just enjoy trying scents and talking about our impressions with each other. We have different levels of "smelling skills", different abilities of picking out notes in scents, and different styles of describing what we smell. And we enjoy scents of all types, costs, and vintage. Personally, I thoroughly enjoy our diversity, and wouldn't want it any other way.

Welcome to the fragrance forum!

Randy thanks

It seems I have just never delved into the intracacies or looked past the department stores for the colonge I wear...its more like I just didn't know what I was missing, lol. Since I do enjoy trying different scents I think I'll need to keep my eye on this part of the forum because I think I'd like to be more attuned to whats out there

Hi everyone,

Getting back into B&B. The weather is starting to get warm again.

1. Eau Sauvage
2. L'occitane L'occitan
3. Divine L'homme de Coeur

Update:

As mentioned previously, I am really loving Dior Homme Intense. So much so that I've re-explored Dior Homme, and have really enjoyed wearing it this past week. It's odd how I forgot completely about DH, sort of took it for granted as a good but not great scent and rarely wore it lately. But after being blown away by DHI, I've really loved DH now. So much that I've even re-tested Midnight in Paris, which is of the same genre as DH (I think of it as a combo of DH + Bulgari Black) and also made by O Polge. MiP is to me not on the same level as DH, but I blew off MiP when I first tested and now I'm liking it more.

Every have this experience where one scent makes you re-appreciate related scents or genres?

I have also re-explored Antico Caruso and Red Vetyver and enjoyed both lately on multiple wearings.

I'm new to fragrance-for-fragrance-sake (it's all been just aftershaves for me for years), but things are changing, and current top three...

1. Guerlain Vetiver (first pure frag purchase)
2. Czech & Speake 88 (sample only)
3. Trumper Eucris (sample only)

It's a start :001_smile

Top Bottom